Deciding what exactly the walls of the house, its ceiling and roof will be built from, it is necessary to pay attention to the following factors:
- Climatic conditions. In cold regions, it is better to use though not so durable, but necessarily warm materials. The owners of sites located in the southern regions of the country, the choice is much wider. In this case, you can use absolutely any modern inexpensive materials.
- Specific properties of materials. Of course, buildings made of CIP panels or foam concrete are much cheaper than brick or log houses.
- Features of the local market. For example, in wooded regions, wood may be cheaper, and in steppe regions – concrete.
The most economical building materials
So now let’s see what is cheaper to build houses. A very economical and convenient building in our time can be built using:
- Bar and modern insulation. This is the most inexpensive type of building at the moment. At the same time, despite the cheapness, panel houses have very good performance characteristics. In this case, inexpensive materials are also used as skin. Most often it is plywood and siding.
- CIP panels. Such a building will be more expensive than a shield, but it is also being built faster.
- Foam blocks. Buildings erected from them are also very inexpensive and at the same time considered to be somewhat more reliable than panel buildings.
All these modern materials for building a house fit very well and at the same time are able to serve for a long time. Next, let’s talk about the advantages and disadvantages of each of them. Perhaps, it will help someone to make the most successful choice.
Advantages of frame buildings
Houses of wood of this type, in addition to cheapness, have also such advantages as:
- Ease of erection. You can build a frame-panel house on your own, without the involvement of specialists. When building such a building there is no need to use any expensive equipment. The foundation for the shield house can be poured in the most inexpensive – columnar (of course, only on safe ground).
- Excellent heat preservation properties. Such houses are isolated from cold using modern inexpensive materials. This is usually mineral wool or polystyrene foam. Even not too expensive non-profiled timber in this case is used in minimal quantities – only for the construction of the frame.
- Aesthetic appearance. Subject to the use of high-quality interior and exterior plating, choosing this technology, you can actually get a very beautiful and at the same time comfortable building.
- No shrinkage. In contrast to expensive block and log buildings, it can be settled in a house built using this technology immediately after its construction.
The disadvantages of panel buildings
Timber and modern insulation – just a great answer to the question of what is cheaper to build houses. But of course, like any other technique, this technology of building construction has its drawbacks. The disadvantages of frame-panel houses can be attributed, above all, not too high degree of environmental safety. The fact is that mineral wool and polystyrene foam are materials that can release harmful substances in certain situations. When building a house it is necessary to take into account and make the inner lining as tight as possible. Mineral wool releases phenol-formaldehyde resins, and polystyrene foam – toxic styrene.
The disadvantages of panel structures can also include not too high degree of fire resistance. It is best to entrust the wiring in such a house to a specialist. Even in spite of the fact that it will entail additional expenses. You will have to spend money on the treatment of the wooden frame with antiseptic and compositions that increase the resistance to fire, as well as insect preparations. As you know, only with the use of these tools at home made of wood are quite durable.
The owners of remote suburban areas often refuse to build such buildings because of the not too high mechanical strength of the walls. To penetrate such a house in the absence of protection, thieves may not even need to break the lock.
Advantages of buildings with SIP panels
This type of building is structurally very similar to the previous one. In fact, this is just a kind of panel house. The only difference is that the elements of a building of this type are assembled from panels that are already delivered in finished form. Of course, with the use of such a material, the construction is more reliable and durable. House bypass from CIP-panels is not too expensive. However, their cost, as already mentioned, is slightly higher than that of ordinary shield.
SIP panels consist of two OSB slabs, between which polystyrene foam is fixed. Despite the seeming fragility, due to the integrity of the structure, they are able to withstand enormous loads and are really just perfect for the construction of low-rise buildings. It is also possible to build a building from this material by yourself. It is not required to fill in under the VULTURE walls and too powerful base. The advantages of this material include a very low degree of thermal conductivity.
As in the case of a frame-panel house, the construction of such a building does not require the use of expensive equipment. Panels are processed elementarily – with the help of an ordinary hacksaw. Therefore, houses from SIP panels can have any layout and architecture.
Cons of SIP buildings
The drawbacks of such houses are about the same as those of ordinary frame-shield houses. That is, they do not differ in fire safety and environmental cleanliness. In addition to expanded polystyrene in this case, the OSB panels are also used, the harmlessness of which is in serious doubt. Some disadvantages of SIP panels include the fact that you can only build houses of limited height (a maximum of 2 floors). Engineering communications in buildings of this type are quite difficult and costly to carry out. This can also be attributed to the disadvantages of such buildings.
Advantages of houses from foam blocks
This material is a bit more expensive than CIP panels. However, the cost of the foam block is still low, and the price difference in this case is not critical. Moreover, in comparison with SIP buildings and shield buildings, houses made of this material have many advantages. These include:
- The ability of the walls to “breathe.” In this regard, the construction of foam blocks are comparable to such, for example, comfortable facilities, like a log house. The microclimate in buildings erected from this material is created almost the same.
- Fire resistance of the walls. Concrete, as we all know, does not burn.
- Durability. To serve such a building, by definition, can be much longer than a wooden building. Concrete does not rot and is not damaged by insects.
The disadvantages of houses made of foam concrete
The disadvantages of such buildings include, first of all, the need for thorough waterproofing of the foundation and the use of materials that prevent the penetration of moisture into the walls. Low cost foam concrete houses should be protected as closely as possible. The fact is that this porous material absorbs moisture very well. At the same time its heat preserving qualities are lost. Moreover, wetted blocks of this type easily crumble, which can even lead to cracks in the walls.
Despite the fact that the foam is lightweight, the foundation for it should be used is quite powerful and reliable. It’s all about the fragility of this material. Cracks foam can give even with small movements.
The disadvantages of this material, in comparison with CIP panels, include some difficulty in constructing houses when using them. To build warm walls, you need to fasten foam blocks with special glue. In this case, the seams, in contrast to concrete, are very thin and do not let the cold through. However, laying by this method involves the use of blocks of ideal geometry. But despite the existing standards, in the domestic market material is often sold with all sorts of defects.
From the above, we can make a simple conclusion. Foam blocks should be bought only from large manufacturers, who value their reputation and supply the market with a sufficiently strong material with perfect geometry.
Cost of materials
For the construction of the walls of the building is usually used structural thermal insulating foam blocks. Their price depends on the size, manufacturer and supplier. For example, the D500 – D600 block can be paid from 47 to 185 rubles. The cost of a foam block of the most convenient in laying dimensions of 20x30x60 mm is usually 135-150 rubles.
The price of SIP-panels of different sizes can be viewed in the table below.
Thus, the price of a house of CIP (or rather, only its walls) with a size of 5×5 m with a ceiling height of 250 cm and a wall thickness of 12 mm will be 47,200 rubles, not including the cost of consumables. Of course, it is not too expensive. Foam block walls in a house of the same size will cost about 55,000-60000 rubles, which is also quite cheap.
What to do ceiling and roof
The use of CIP panels and foam blocks significantly reduces the cost of building houses. From different materials of modern type, such as metal, ondulin or professional sheet, you can assemble for a country building and a very inexpensive roof. The floor and ceiling in the budget house are usually sheathed with a simple edged board.
As for the frame of the ceiling and the roof, then the choice, of course, is not too big. Lags, beams and truss systems are usually made from timber. And using this material is quite thick. After all, such structures are carriers and must withstand severe loads. Therefore, to save on them, of course, not worth it. However, the price of a regular non-profiled beam is not too high.
Thus, using the materials described above for building a house, you can save a lot and at the same time get reliable and environmentally friendly structures.
How to choose a edged board
When choosing this material should pay attention to two factors:
- The presence of knots. They should be as small as possible. Especially dark. Such knots will surely fall out over time, and ugly holes will form in the floor or ceiling.
- The geometry of the material. All selected boards should have the same thickness and be even in all planes.
The advantages and disadvantages of metal tiles
In addition to the low price, the advantages of this material used to build an inexpensive roof most often include:
- low weight
- strength and durability
- aesthetic appearance
- ease of installation.
The disadvantages of metal are:
- noise during a rain,
- the ability to rust and snap into the sun when improperly laid.
As you can see, the answer to the question of what is cheaper to build houses is not too complicated. To choose inexpensive materials for the construction of walls, ceilings and roofing of a building these days is very simple. Of course, when drafting a project, everything should be carefully calculated and thought out. In this case, the house will be economical, reliable and comfortable.
Never do this in church! If you are not sure about whether you are behaving properly in a church or not, then you are probably not doing the right thing. Here is a list of terrible.
10 charming star children, who today look very differently Time flies, and one day, little celebrities become adult personalities who are no longer recognizable. Cute boys and girls turn into a.
13 signs that you have the best husband Husbands are truly great people. What a pity that good spouses do not grow on trees. If your other half does these 13 things, then you can with.
What does the shape of the nose say about your personality? Many experts believe that by looking at the nose, you can say a lot about a person’s personality. Therefore, at the first meeting, pay attention to the unfamiliar nose.
It turns out that sometimes even the loudest fame ends in failure, as is the case with these celebrities.
Our ancestors did not sleep like we did. What are we doing wrong? This is hard to believe, but scientists and many historians are inclined to believe that modern man does not sleep at all like his ancient ancestors. Initially.
What materials are cheaper to build a house – a detailed analysis of the quality and cost
Individual construction has long gained a lot of fans not only outside our country, and the experience in this area has been gained a lot. New materials and technologies have appeared, many of which we frankly “copy” precisely from abroad. To say that they are bad, it is impossible. But is it all suitable for our harsh climate? Let’s try to figure out what it is better to build “budget” housing and how, at the same time, one can save reasonably, not at the expense of quality.
Let’s start with planning. All subsequent expenses depend on this. But first it is worth noting that there can be no single recommendation for choosing the cheapest materials for a home, and here’s why.
- The climate in the region and the location of the building on the ground. It depends on this how thick the walls should be, to what extent additional warming is necessary.
- Characteristics of the soil. They determine not only the waterproofing technique, first of all, the recessed part of the house, but also the choice of the type of foundation.
Consequently, a cheap building material, ideally suited for one climate zone, will be absolutely unsuitable for another. In addition, any product has its own pros and cons. Therefore, it is necessary to choose which properties are most important for a particular house, and what can be neglected or minimized by a number of additional measures.
And one more important moment – any specialist will say that up to 40% of all costs are accounted for the construction of the foundation. And here we have to look for the optimal variant of its construction with the selection of cheaper materials.
For example, on the basis of foam blocks to lay out the walls of brick will not work – such a house does not stand for long. But since the costs for its lower part are the most significant, you must first focus on it – here you can save a lot and build a house cheaper.
What determines the final cost of construction
Engineering solution. Any part of the structure can be constructed in different ways. Rational use of space is another way to reduce costs. The main thing – to achieve maximum usable area.
Finish Should be guided by reasonable sufficiency.
Proper selection of building materials. Practice shows that it is precisely on this point that a rather large, unjustified overrun occurs.
- The architecture of the building and its internal layout. It is clear that the smaller all kinds of balconies, terraces, passages, “beautiful” roof bends and the like, the lower the cost of construction.
It makes no sense to be distracted by building materials such as, for example, blocks of expanded polystyrene. There are such recommendations for the construction of buildings, and with a description of the mass benefits of such construction.
You can, of course, build one of them, but perhaps only a small country house. Seriously take such advice in relation to a full-fledged residential structure somehow does not work. Yes, and not worth it, because then there are hardly any buyers for such a building.
Consider the main, most used materials in terms of the appropriateness of their use, as well as the specifics of the construction of buildings and features of such structures. We denote the final cost of the work (approximate), taking into account all the additional measures (insulation, etc.) in rubles per 1 m² of total area (without the “finishing” finish).
- Weatherization is minimal, since the wood “keeps” the heat well.
- The possibility of construction on the “lightweight” types of foundations.
- Excellent microclimate.
- You can choose a cheap option blanks (timber, rounded log).
- Long shrinkage. Immediately engage in finishing and move in will not work.
- The need for regular caulking and processing material (flame retardants, antiseptics).
- The whole house is difficult to build. For mounting the lower crown and for some other operations, it is better to invite a specialist.
- Wood is affected by insects (wood borers) and is also afraid of heat exposure.
Construction cost (from pine):
- W / b slabs can be used as interfloor overlaps.
- Unlike wood, it does not rot.
- Requires high-quality insulation.
- A “powerful” foundation is needed.
- Great construction time.
- Very few people will be able to build quality masonry on their own – they will have to pay specialists.
The cost of construction – from 21 500 rubles / m².
Implied gas and foam blocks (for details on the construction of such a house, read here)
- Warmer bricks. You can do without heat insulation, but the walls should be thicker.
- Do not rot.
- Compressed construction time.
- Lightweight foundation.
- The ability to do without employees, since the installation is quite simple.
- Waterproofing should be of high quality, especially for aerated concrete.
- Limitations in the possible height of the building due to insufficient strength of such walls.
- Feature of installation (compliance with the technique of arranging the joints of products and reinforcement of the structure).
- The complexity of the finish, especially for foam due to its fragility.
The cost of construction is from 15 500 rub / m².
- The ability to do everything by hand. But for the installation of shield structures will need a crane.
- The foundation of any type, lightweight.
- The house is “breathing.”
- Construction ends in a short time.
Like wood, because it is from such building materials that a framework is constructed.
The cost of construction is from 11,000 rubles / m².
Prices are conditional, as much depends on the cost of the selected finishing materials. By the way, very often reckless saving on them leads to the fact that the dwelling is not warm enough, damp, and it has to be heated more intensively. And this entails an increase in costs. Why?
First of all. directly – energy consumption increases, and as a result, payment of utilities increases.
Secondly.indirectly – the turnaround time for such a building is significantly reduced, because due to poor waterproofing, insulation, any thing deteriorates faster. And any reconstruction (repair) – the event is not cheap. Yes, and “heating” appliances wear out more intensively, which also requires the investment of material resources for its repair.
- When planning the construction of the house, you need to focus, first of all, on such criteria as convenience, sufficiency of free space and durability. It makes no sense to engage in construction, if you have to, in order to meet the budget, huddle in cramped and change your lifestyle.
- Significant savings can be achieved if some of the work (if not all) is done by hand. Payment for services of employees is comparable to the cost of materials.
- It is much more profitable for the latter to purchase independently, and not to entrust them to the masters. And all at once (if possible) in one “point”. In such cases, Sellers make discounts quite tangible (considered as a big “wholesale”). In addition, prices are much lower in winter, so purchases should be made in advance.
- If we had to hire masters, then it would be better to negotiate with them not in words but on paper, in the form of a Treaty. If they are “universalists”, that is, they do all types of work, then for each (foundation, walls, roofing, decoration) – a separate document. This will allow (if they work poorly) at any stage to refuse their services, and to recover through court – we have considered this issue in detail.
- In principle, when strangers work, they should feel constant control by the owner, preferably daily. Most of the “hack” is done in the process of so-called “hidden” works. For example, waterproofing, basement insulation, screed arrangement. Such shortcomings, and even frank marriage will manifest only after some time, but it will be too late!
- If the house is planned to have some utility, unheated premises (extensions), then it is better to arrange them around the perimeter. This will significantly reduce heat loss from residential, internal rooms.
- The number and size of window openings should be optimal. It is through them that the heat “leaves” the house the most. The criterion is that the total area of all windows in the room should not exceed 1/8 of the floor.
Sources: http://silastroy.com/materials/iz-kakogo-materiala-deshevle-postroit-dom.html, http://fb.ru/article/192970/iz-chego-deshevle-stroit-doma-materialyi- dlya-stroitelstva-doma, http://better-house.ru/stroitelstvo/iz-chego-deshevle-postroit-dom/