The design capacity of the boiler should be 15-20% higher than the total capacity of all floors in the room.
Circulation pump for underfloor heating
Required to ensure the movement of the coolant in the system. The pump built into the boiler will not cope with the load if the area of the house exceeds 100 sq. M.
Pipes for a warm water floor
- According to experts, copper pipes are considered to be an ideal option – durable, characterized by high heat emission, but their cost will significantly increase the installation budget;
- Metal-plastic pipes are leading in terms of price / quality ratio. Their composition eliminates the appearance of corrosion and accumulation, which leaves the diameter of the pipe bore unchanged. In addition, metal-plastic pipes are lightweight, easy to bend and have a high temperature limit.
- polypropylene pipes attract a low price, but there is a high probability of buying low-quality goods.
- PEX-pipes made of cross-linked polyethylene are reliable, but require rigid fastening, because when heated, straightened. Users recommend reducing the fixing pitch of holders when using PEX tubes by 2-3 times.
The optimal cross section is 16-20 mm. Pipe consumption per 1 sq. M. 5-6 mp (at a pitch of 200 mm).
Note. According to reviews, users are advised to use products of well-known brands (Uponor, Rehau).
Insulation for a warm water floor
The following materials can be used as thermal insulation:
- foiled polyethylene (with a minimum design thickness of a warm floor);
- polystyrene foam. Users recommend using pre-made insulation mats that have protrusions for laying pipes in 50×50 mm increments;
- mineral wool. Users speak poorly of cotton in the case of the device of the concrete system due to the ability of the mineral wool to absorb some of the moisture from the solution.
Council The heat-insulating layer (insulation thickness for a warm floor) above the basement, in the basement, on the first floor in a private house, should be thicker. In addition, the higher the estimated temperature of the coolant, the thicker you need to make a layer of insulation.
The installation of the heat meter in the apartment is relevant when obtaining permission for the device to install a heated water floor in an apartment building.
It is installed for installation of adjustment elements and docking of the pipes of the circuits with the heating main.
Reinforcing mesh for floor heating
Regarding the stacking of reinforced stacks, users’ opinions differ. In general, the mesh for reinforcement will further strengthen the concrete screed after laying the pipe system.
Components for screed device
- concrete (cement, sand, water);
- damping tape 100-150 mm wide;
- fixing elements for fixing pipes.
Stage 3 – installation of a warm water floor with your own hands
1. Install the collector cabinet
The installation of the system begins with the installation of a manifold cabinet, the mandatory elements of which are (manifold assembly): a manifold, a pump, a vent valve and a drain outlet. The dimensions of the collector depend on its configuration. It is recommended to install the collector in equal distance from all circuits. If it is impossible to fulfill this recommendation, near the longest of the contours.
Important. When installing the collector provides free space for the bending of pipes. At the same time installation of pipes from above, only from below is not allowed. This will ensure the normal movement of the coolant. Installing a shut-off valve between the pipeline system and the manifold will simplify the maintenance of the system in case of need (maintenance, running, repair).
2. Preparation of the base under the warm floor
The surface is cleared of debris, the floor height differences (slopes, elevations) are eliminated.
A heat-insulating material is laid on the prepared surface, reducing heat loss through the floor. Next, the waterproofing film is covered. Laying damper tape eliminates thermal expansion of the concrete screed.
Floors under a water-heated floor should be leveled in order to ensure an equal thickness of the screed (guarantee of uniform heat distribution over the surface)
3. Laying pipes for floor heating
Installation of water floor heating pipes can be performed by several methods (laying schemes):
Pipes are laid around the perimeter of the room narrowing towards the center. Compulsory laying of pipes through a row to ensure the possibility of reverse flow of the coolant and more uniform heat release.
The method is used when, in view of the complex configuration of the room, it is necessary to shift the center of the pipe system, as well as in rooms of more than 40 square meters.
In this case, the pipe from the heater passes along the outer wall, then wavyly returns back. The scheme is suitable for small spaces.
Meander (double snake or combined circuit)
Snake hinges are arranged in parallel and allow you to organize the movement of warm and cooled coolant through the pipes. This method is good because it allows you to compensate for the cooling pipes.
The material is prepared for the site www.moydomik.net
Council Craftsmen are advised to start styling from the outer or colder walls of the room.
To perform the layout correctly, a beginner is recommended to first lay the markings on the floor surface. At the time of installation of a heat-insulated floor in the subsequent rooms, laying will be made “by eye”. For installation only solid pipes or reliable connections are used.
The laying of pipes begins with the connection of one end to the supply manifold.
Council The pipe is laid at a distance of at least 70 mm. from the wall of the room. In this case, near the outer walls, the distance between the pipes can be reduced, since heat loss here is higher.
It is possible to arrange insulation near external walls by changing the order of pipe layouts, as shown in the diagram.
Laying scheme for floor heating pipes for enhanced heating of external walls
After laying the pipe on the marked contour, it is fixed by a clip. Alternatively, you can use dowels and tie a pipe to them using copper wire, or lay a reinforcing mesh on the floor and tie a pipe to it with the possibility of thermal expansion of materials.
Simplifies the work of ribbed polystyrene substrate under water-heated floor, the use of which simultaneously allows to provide thermal insulation and lay the pipes in even rows.
Polystyrene backing under the warm floor water Installation of pipes for floor heating on the substrate
4. Connecting a heated floor collector
After laying the contour, the free end of the pipe is connected to the return manifold.
5. Pressure testing of a warm floor of water
Pressure testing pipes (hydraulic test), this name is the procedure for checking the quality of installation, because At this stage it is possible to make adjustments to the heating system of a water heated floor.
Pressure testing involves the intake of water into the system under high pressure. The pressure recommended for testing is 1.5–2 times the calculated working pressure (at least 0.6 MPa). In the first half hour of pressure testing, a pressure reduction of no more than 10% is permissible, in the next 2 to 15% of the initial value. Water temperature remains unchanged. Checkout time – a day or more. If there are no violations, and the floor warms up evenly, you can continue to work.
6. Screed for a warm water floor
For screed can be used:
- any ready-mix, the obligatory characteristic of which is the ability to conduct heat well;
- Classic concrete (with cement grade of at least M 300) with the addition of a plasticizer (3-5%).
Screed device for a warm water floor The device of a coupler under a warm water floor
The height of the screed ranges from 3-7 mm. The solution is filled with a complete (filled with coolant) system with the pressure specified during the pressure test. The total cure time for concrete is 28 days. For a mixture, the pour time is determined by the manufacturer.
Note. The device of compensating seams is provided on the surface of a large area (more than 40 sq. M.).
4 stage – the first start of a warm floor of water
After complete curing (drying) of the floor screed, the system is ready to start. It will reach the set parameters within 2-3 days.
Running a warm water floor
Stage 5 – fine finish warm floor
Fully finished warm floor is covered with finishing material. Today, the most popular flooring remains tile and laminate flooring.
Water floor heating under the laminate is widespread. However, the installation of laminate in this case is carried out with some nuances:
- The quality of the laminate must be confirmed by a certificate. After all, when it is heated in the room will be released harmful substances. Usually laminate for underfloor heating is marked “Warm wasser”;
- the heat insulator under the laminate does not fit;
- ventilated laminate floor ventilation is mandatory. For this purpose, a perimeter of 10-15 mm thick is left, which is then closed with a plinth;
- Before laying the laminate is placed in the room to set the floor temperature. In this case, packs with lamellae should be placed on the floor, and not folded in one high stack.
As you can see, the use of laminate as a floor covering does not create additional difficulties, however, masters advise to use a water-heated floor for tiles. This is due to the fact that the laminate has a low thermal conductivity (the thicker the lamella, the lower this figure), as well as in its composition there are connectors, the evaporation of which is not the best way can affect the health of the residents of the house.
How to make a water-heated floor with their own hands – video
Operation of warm floors – rules and recommendations
Water heated floors will last a long time if you follow the recommendations for their use, which contain user feedback. The basic requirements are as follows:
- requires a gradual set of temperature. Do not run the system to “maximum” after a period of inactivity (until the floor is completely cooled). Users recommend a step increase of 4-5 ° C per day;
- the temperature of the incoming coolant should not exceed 45 ° C;
- It is not recommended to turn on / off the system frequently. This will not lead to additional savings;
- need to provide optimum humidity in the room. A balanced microclimate will favorably affect human health.
In addition to installing a warm water floor system inside the house, you can perform installation work on the street, for example, to install snow melting and anti-icing systems (for heating a walkway, entrance area, porch, stairs, car parking, etc.).
Installation of a warm water floor in the private house
Each owner of a private house is faced with the question of choosing the optimal type of heating, which will not only fulfill its functions adequately, but also be in harmony with modern design. Bulky radiators are obsolete, deteriorate the interior of the room and dry the air. The alternative is a water-heated floor, for a private home is the most effective option.
What is the water floor heating
We bring to your attention not only the list of component materials, but also the principle of their choice.
Pipes. Plastic or metal-plastic pipes are used for the installation of floor heating. Recently, plumbers received the recognition of pipes made of cross-linked polypropylene, which are distinguished from other pipes by a high resistance to deformation, excellent thermal conductivity and a high degree of tightness.
An important condition when choosing pipes is their suitability for use in heating systems. Unfortunately, some unscrupulous sellers, taking advantage of client incompetence, sell pipes for plumbing. The result is an inefficient floor heating system. To avoid this, you need to look at the marking that is on each pipe:
- linear expansion of not more than 0.025 mm / m;
- thermal conductivity from 0.43 W / m 0 C.
The required amount of pipe depends on such factors as the laying step and the diameter of the material. See the table for details.
Boiler. You can buy gas, electric or solid fuel. The choice will be determined by region of residence. For example, if there are interruptions in energy supply, it is better to buy a gas boiler. If we talk about power, it depends on many indicators. For a standard house with insulated walls, plastic windows and a ceiling height of at least 3 meters, the following calculation is made: the specific power per square meter should be 100 W or 1 KW per 10 m 2. Knowing the total area of the house, you can calculate the power of the boiler. In this case, it is better to include a power margin of about 20%.
Collector. Provides the performance of the entire water floor and maintains the temperature set by the thermostat. It is best not to save money, but to buy a collector consisting of a duct sensor, a drain valve and a Mayevsky crane (it releases air into the system). Additionally, you will need to choose and shield.
Circulation pump. Purchased if it is not already built into the boiler. This device circulates water in the system and can be equipped with a thermostat that will control the flow rate of the water and thereby regulate the temperature in the system. The ideal solution is a three-speed pump with a thermostat (setting the temperature controller will require knowledge in the field of electrical engineering and not everyone can do it). You can find out how to choose a pump by performance from the table:
As for the company, it is better to give preference to European manufacturers. The German company Grundfos has perfectly recommended itself.
Completing. This includes couplings, threads, fittings, ball valves, etc. Their required number is calculated individually, based on the characteristics of each floor heating system. Floor heating in each particular house has to be calculated and planned individually.
Read also about the substrate for floor heating. which will help to significantly reduce heating costs.
Installation of a water floor
First you need to look at the old floor. Dismantling is subject to linoleum, parquet, boards. On the tile, if it is strong enough, you can lay plastic pipes without pouring a rough tie.
Draft screed, otherwise it is called the “primary”, is used for the most dense insulation laying. Therefore, at this stage, you can not worry much about the level of the floor and the presence of small irregularities. A layer of concrete several centimeters thick is enough. For these purposes, suitable cement brand M-300, mixed with sand in a ratio of 1: 4.
The next step will be laying insulation. There is nothing difficult here, you just have to pay attention to the joints between the material. They need to fix the mounting tape to avoid unnecessary heat loss.
Material for insulation can be different:
- Styrofoam. Although it is considered obsolete insulation, it copes with the task entrusted to it. The only drawback is the fragility.
- Polypropylene insulation with foil reflective layer.
- Insulation foam polystyrene for floor heating. This material is best suited for insulation. Possessing a high density, polystyrene foam (aka penoplex), perfectly isolates the water floor from a cold concrete base. You can use Penoplex 35, which is resistant to fire.
The final step will be the installation of reinforced mesh with a cross section of reinforcement of 5 mm and with cell sizes of 10-15 cm. The pipes themselves can be fixed to it using plastic ties. In addition, the reinforced mesh serves as a binding structure for the concrete floor. Or you can lay special mats for the water floor.
Secrets of the masters when installing pipes for floor heating
The work itself does not have much difficulty, but there are a number of nuances, knowledge of which will help to carry out the installation correctly.
Choice of laying patterns. There are two ways of laying: a snake and a snail (spiral). The last option is preferable. The fact is that when the pipe is laid with a “snake”, the water temperature drops to the end of the loop, which leads to uneven heating of the floor. The arrangement of the spiral pipe helps to avoid this: the floor is heated evenly. At the same time, much less material is required.
How long should the pipe be? Regardless of the capacity of the selected boiler, the water will cool as it moves away from the point of intake. Therefore, the recommended pipe length is 100 m. In case a larger value is needed, several circuits are used, each of which is connected to the collector separately.
How to calculate the stacking step?Only an experienced designer can accurately calculate the step: many factors are taken into account to obtain the correct value, from wall thickness and window sizes to pipe diameter. Nevertheless, there is averaged data that we will operate with. The optimal laying step for the system, which is the main source of heat in the house, is 10-20 cm. This value is not constant. Near the outer walls, the first 5-6 rows are stacked in increments of 5-6 cm, closer to the inner walls and the middle of the room, the step increases to the above data.
Today, in the building stores there are special mats for a warm water floor, which greatly simplify and speed up the process of laying pipes. Look at the photo how it works.
The use of mats for warm water floors
How to solder pipes? In this issue there are also several subtleties that need to be covered in the article:
- connect pipes to each other, better by means of special adapters (otherwise kegs);
- if soldering metal-plastic pipes, the metal sheath should be removed at a distance of about 3 cm from the edge of the pipe.
To achieve high quality of the connection, it is necessary to refer to the following table.
Pipe diameter, mm
Assembly, installation, connection collector
It should be noted that the process of installation of the collector will differ depending on the model, the number of heating circuits, selected components. For the system to function without complaints, the assembly should be carried out according to the instructions attached to the devices.
Where to locate the collector? When choosing a place for the installation of the collector box, it is necessary to take into account an equal distance from all circuits. This is necessary to ensure uniform water pressure in all circuits. If the wall on which the collector cabinet is installed is not bearing – you can make a niche in it.
How to assemble a collector?
Consider the build process on the example of the Icma UPS model. In this case, we will take into account that the circulating pump and the collector itself are used together, this will ensure ease of heating control.
- We install a circulating pump on the cap nuts; gaskets are needed between the nut and the pump itself.
- We connect the collector with the pump group, twisting the adapters with the union nut and not forgetting the gaskets.
- To the mixing unit you need to connect the thermostat and the valve responsible for the flow of cold water (mixing).
- We connect the mixing group to the collector.
Now the collector can be installed in the wiring closet, connect the supply and return flow to the distributor, then connect the heating circuit elements using adapters.
Installation of the boiler: features, sequence
When connecting the boiler to a floor heating system, there is often a problem. The fact is that the boiler produces a water temperature of 75-80 ° C, and for normal operation of a heated floor water a temperature of no more than 45 ° C is required. For this reason, the connection must be made in such a way that water with a lower temperature is supplied to the pipes. To do this in a closed heating system can only be one way: to dilute the hot water cooled, coming from the “return”. This function is performed by a subfloor warm floor unit.
Floor heating during installation should be assembled as follows, starting from the boiler:
- At the beginning of the circuit install the control valve, then the circulation pump and manifold.
- Between the valve and the pump, mount the submix assembly in such a way that the cooled water from the “return” flows into the supply and further, through the circulation pump, to the heating system.
- The final stage is to bring the return pipe to the boiler.
It should be remembered that the principle of installation of the boiler itself will be different for different models and types of equipment.
Pressure testing and test run
After the completion of installation work, you need to test the system. To do this, conduct pressure testing.
Check the tightness of the system in two ways: pressurized water or compressed air. The first option is preferable: after a leak test, you can immediately turn on the heating. Air testing is used when heated floors are powered by central heating, and there is no certainty that it will be turned on in time. In any case, the pressure should be no higher than 6 bar. The system is considered operational if, within 24 hours, the pressure indicator has dropped by no more than 1.5 bar.
After the leak test, it is possible to perform a full start. The water temperature should be about 80 0 С, for this purpose the kneading unit must be turned off. At this temperature, the stress in the pipes decreases, which ensures the durability of the structure.
It is necessary to fill in the concrete screed after the water in the pipes has completely cooled. For screeds, you can use both traditional concrete and floor heating solution, which has a higher ability to conduct heat. The thickness of the layer should not exceed 7 cm.
After the final drying of the screed, you can lay the floor covering.
Water floor in a private house connected to the heating system
Apply a heated floor to create a more comfortable environment began in the days of ancient Greece. In the modern world with the development of technology, everything is much simpler. The warm adjusted floor in the apartment is applied in any climatic conditions. Depending on the lowering of the temperature outside the window, this is a full or additional heating system.
Under floor heating, children can even play on the tile in the bathroom
The cheapest and most economical is a water-heated floor in the house. The heat carrier is water heated by the boiler, and when living in an apartment – central heating.
Advantages and disadvantages
Warm floor water with his own hands has good and bad sides. Before you make a warm floor in a private house, you need to consider them all.
What are the advantages of water heating:
- Such a system provides comfortable thermal conditions. Heat rises from the bottom up. It warms up the whole room. This is especially true in private homes with high ceilings.
- When the feet are warm, lowering the temperature of the surrounding air is unnoticeable to the people in the room.
- Since the warm floor of the heating – low-temperature heater, it does not dry the air.
- In the role of a heater, water is used at a temperature much lower than radiators need. The use of such a system for heating in a private house is well combined with condensing boilers or heat pumps.
- It is possible to disconnect part of the circuits from the system.
- The heated concrete keeps the temperature for a long time and a stable thermal regime is maintained in the room. This works well when using solid fuel boilers.
- The whole installation of water heated floor is hidden in the floor and does not violate the overall picture of the room.
All floor elements are included in the flooring.
However, there are a number of drawbacks to which attention should be paid when arranging heated floors in a private house:
- It requires high-quality performance of all stages of installation before pouring a warm floor. Correction of errors or malfunctions at the end of the work – it is financially costly, and sometimes impossible.
- Warm water floor in the apartment can be made only with the permission of the relevant authorities.
- Slow and slight adjustment of the warm water floor. Using a heating boiler, you can adjust the warm floor to a small range, in an apartment with central heating can not be adjusted at all.
- Not all coatings are combined with warm floors. They are not recommended to install bulky furniture or lay carpets.
- The thickness of the heated floor is about 10 cm. This should be taken into account when designing the room as a whole.
- Insulation of interfloor ceilings increases the load on the beams.
- Installation of circulating pumps and thermostats is required.
- The device of such floors is quite expensive.
Weighing all the pros and cons, we can not say that to make underfloor heating – is to increase comfort for a small surcharge. Although many masters can make a water-heated floor in the house with their own hands. By following a number of important rules, you can achieve positive results.
In arranging the water floor will be useful patience
All installation of a water heat-insulated floor in the private house consists of several main processes. Performing each correctly, craftsmen receive as a reward warm water floors in a private house, working reliably for up to 50 years.
All work consists of:
- pipe laying;
- screed finished floors.
Each part has its own pitfalls. They need to get acquainted closer.
Carrying out installation of a water heated floor with your own hands, you should correctly calculate the power of the boiler. If there is a shortage of power, it will not be enough to warm the water, which will affect the quality of heating. Power is usually taken more by 15-20% of the total consumed power.
Each water pipeline is a single pipe. To calculate the length, you must first on paper to make a drawing of all the contours. Their plots and the place of attachment of the collector are indicated.
Properly designed scheme will help with the installation and calculation of equipment and components
The diameter of the pipe and the step of laying the underfloor heating depends on the surrounding conditions and is calculated when designing. It makes sense to order the project in specialized organizations. With incorrect calculations, warm water floors in a private house will not work well.
Insulation of water heating
To heat the house, not the ground or the ceiling in the next apartment, it is necessary to use a different heater for the heated floor, which is laid on a prepared, flat base. Height differences cannot be higher than 5 mm. The system will warm up incorrectly and not for long.
Between the base and insulation necessarily located hydrobarrier. It protects the floor from moisture penetration from the ground. The overlap is made of polyethylene film. If pieces are spreading, they are overlapped, and all seams are taped.
Insulation for water floor heating is made of various materials. The application must be reasonably place, ambient temperature and type of substrate.
The most popular are the following heaters:
- Styrofoam. It is used for warming the first floors on the ground or in a cold basement. This insulation under the warm floor has a high density. Available in various thicknesses. The more insulation is needed, the thicker the plates are used.
Expanded polystyrene – dense and heat resistant material
In the absence of plates of the desired thickness, you can lay more thin in two rows, sizing them together.
- Mineral wool. She used to create water heating in wooden houses. It keeps heat very well and fills all the space. The disadvantage is hygroscopicity, it is necessary to reliably protect it from moisture.
Mineral wool is used in conjunction with wooden coatings.
- Profile insulation – the most modern insulation for a warm water floor. It is an extruded polystyrene foam with a laminated coating and grooves or bosses that help the subsequent pipe laying. The only minus of the heat insulator is its price.
Thermal insulation for water floor heating is available in the form of plates. Their installation usually does not take a lot of effort or time. All seams or joints must be glued with foil tape to avoid moisture ingress and reduce heat loss.
Along the perimeter of the walls, the entire cake of the heated floor is separated by a damper tape. It is laid along all the walls, the remains are cut off after the screed. The tape serves as a compensator for thermal stress.
Every component of a warm floor cake is important
A waterproofing layer is placed on top of the insulation to protect it from moisture or corrosive environments (concrete, cement). It is also recommended to cover the insulation with a foiled layer for better reflection and heat distribution. In practice, this only works for wooden flooring. When pouring concrete, it’s just a waste of money. When using profile plates, all these steps are omitted.
For the installation of water heating using copper, metal and polypropylene pipes with a diameter of 15-20 mm. The diameter of the pipe depends on the size of the room and the weather in the region.
Pipes with a diameter of more than 20 mm are not used. To adjust the required water pressure in them, very powerful boilers and pumps are required. It is inexpedient from the point of view of energy consumption.
For installation use two schemes of laying of pipes of water heating:
- Snake pattern This is when a pipe with a uniform snake unfolds over the entire surface of the room. With such a layout, first, hot water is obtained, then it gradually cools down, and the cooled water returns to the reverse. It is recommended to use in sanitary rooms (bath, toilet), corridors and small rooms where the length of the contour is small.
- Snail pattern For large rooms it is recommended to lay the pipe spiral, starting from the middle. It turns out the alternation of pipes of different temperatures. Heat is distributed evenly. The hottest pipe is placed along the outer wall to compensate for the cold outside.
Underfloor heating water installation in the form of laying pipelines
Each circuit is laid with a solid pipe. All bends are made smooth. The distance between the pipes of the heated floor is 7-20 cm. From the wall the interval is 5-7 cm.
For a better warming of a water heated floor in a private house between the wall pipelines and the next turn, the pipe laying step should be 5-7 cm, then how to adjust the layout of water heated floor pipes is calculated in the composed plan.
The pipes are fixed using special guides. Still use reinforced mesh. It is placed above the insulation, and pipes are attached to it by means of wire or plastic clamps.
At fastening for turning use not less than 3 brackets
When heated and filled with water, the pipe expands slightly. Attaching them, it is necessary to take this into account, leaving a small gap.
When using profiled plates, the pipes are simply laid in the grooves or between the bosses. The length of the pipe is not recommended to exceed more than 100 m. 60-80 m is considered optimal. If the room is large, you need to install many heating circuits.
One of the main elements is the collector. It connects the contour of the pipes to the heating. All circuits must have the same resistance. The collector consists of two pipes to which the heating circuits are connected, which are connected to the feed and the boiler feed.
The collector is attached to the wall or is in a secret cabinet
The temperature of the underfloor heating is within 35 ° C. In order to adjust and change the temperature smoothly, a mixer and a thermal switch are connected to the collector.
The collector must be installed above the heating level to allow air to escape from the system through the special air bypass valve. It makes sense to equip it with two shut-off valves for the possibility of repair or replacement of parts without draining the water.
Pipes are attached to the manifold by crimping. Before pouring a warm water floor, check the tightness. The system is filled with water or air, a pressure of 1.5 workers, and left for two days.
The pressure may slightly decrease due to a slight stretching of the pipes.
Filling of a water heat-insulated floor
After checking the tightness begin to fill the warm floor.
Screed for underfloor heating can be of different types:
Concreting (wet method)
When performing using a solution of concrete or cement with the addition of granite sifting.
Sand in the composition of the concrete screed over a water-heated floor is not used because of its low thermal conductivity.
For increase in term of operation filling of a heat-insulated floor is reinforced. For this suitable metal or plastic reinforced mesh. On the Internet there are many step by step instructions on how to properly fill a warm floor. The composition of the screed add plasticizer and polypropylene fabric. This significantly increases the service life.
When the screed is under a warm water floor, the pipes are under pressure.
The thickness of the screed for a water heated floor depends on the subsequent coating and varies between 3 cm and 7 cm. If several circuits were carried out, the filling of a water heated floor around each part is performed separately. Between them there are expansion joints from the damper tape. Flooded screed floor dries within a month. For uniform drying and high-quality setting, it must sometimes be watered with water.
After the final hardening of the concrete, it is recommended to dry it. The system is pumped with water at a temperature of 25 ° C and maintained at this level for 3-5 days. Only after that you can put flooring.
With this installation system, a water-heated floor is obtained without a screed. It is used to create heating in wooden modular homes and for insulating flooring.
Water floor without screed
The pipeline is mounted on polystyrene or wooden plates with grooves without concrete screed.
When wood is used, insulation is often used under a water-heated floor in the form of mineral wool laid between the logs.
Putting the pipe into the groove, from above it is covered with aluminum plates that are attached to the plates with special locks. When collecting a heated floor under the tile, it is necessary to supplement the cake with a chipboard plate, moisture-resistant plywood or HVLP. When using laminate, it is put on an aluminum profile.
More often used concreting screed for underfloor heating. Poured mortar keeps heat better, with this installation, warm floors in the house will last more than 50 years. When, due to circumstances, this is not possible, a dry screed is used, although heat transfer will be worse.
For covering warm floors, stone or ceramic tiles are best suited. It warms up easily and keeps warm well. Another use for the floor laminate or linoleum. Such floor material must necessarily have a mark about the possibility of their use with heated floors.
Linoleum when heated should not release harmful fumes.
Having put efforts and having enclosed some means, it is possible to warm the house for a long time. There are many sources of information on how to make a warm floor. Important optimistic attitude and skill. The warm floor will bring comfort to many generations of households living in the house.
Sources: http://moydomik.net/pol/407-vodyanoy-teplyi-pol-svoimi-rukami.html, http://comfortpola.ru/vodyanoj-pol-v-chastnom-dome.html, http: // teplota.guru/teploizolyatsiya/vodyanoj-pol-chastnom-dome.html