An example of a homemade stove from the pipe
The finished air and fuel supply pipe is welded to the cap. She is exposed so that to the bottom of the case she did not reach 120 mm.
We make a bowl for fuel
- Now a piece of 30 mm is cut from a pipe with a diameter of 133 mm, with a wall thickness of 4 mm.
- Cut out from sheet steel with a thickness of 2 mm a circle with a diameter of 219 mm.
- Weld to a piece of pipe. The result was a bowl where the fuel is fed.
- A bowl is installed inside the case at a distance of 70 mm from the bottom. It will be possible to observe it (and rekindle) from the lower viewing hatch.
- Install the cover with a fuel / air supply.
- A chimney is installed on the flue pipe. Pipe with a diameter of 114 mm, a wall of 4 mm. Its height is not less than 4 meters. The part that remains in the room may not be isolated, it is better to warm it outside. Chimney – only vertically upwards, inclined sections are excluded.
After installing the oil tank, you can begin the test. First, a little paper is placed in the bowl, flammable liquid is poured, everything is ignited. After the paper is almost burnt through, the oil supply opens.
This drawing of a waste oil oven is not in vain given with such an exact indication of the materials. It is necessary to use such spare parts. As a result of the work of a self-made furnace, with a consumption of 1-1.5 liters of fuel per hour, you can heat the room up to 150 “squares”.
Drawing of the furnace from a pipe or cylinder in video format
Furnace waste oil from a cylinder (oxygen or gas) presented by the author in the video. The design is similar to the one described above, but with original modifications (and it is a bit simpler)
Mini oven to work out their own hands
This homemade stove with a small size and weight (10 kg), fuel consumption of about 0.5 lira per hour produces 5-6 kW of heat. It is possible to melt it stronger, but not necessary: it can explode. The design is loved by motorists: the garage warms up quickly even in extreme cold, oil is used sparingly and compact. Because it can be called “garage”.
The fuel tank of this small airgun is assembled from the bottom and top of a standard 50-liter gas cylinder. It turns out a very reliable design (save at least one circular seam from the cylinder – there is a sealing ring that will give greater strength. You can make a tank from any other container of similar dimensions: 200-400 mm in diameter and 350 mm in height.
A small oven to work out, it weighs about 10 kg, it’s easy to make with your own hands
In addition to the capacity for fuel, you need to make a pipe in which the air-fuel mixture is mixed. The wall thickness here is at least 4 mm. You can use a pipe of suitable diameter. Cone boiled from structural steel is not thinner than 4 mm.
The dimensions of the kiln on waste oil indicated in the drawing can be adjusted upwards or downwards, but only by 20 mm – no more. Especially carefully you need to boil the seams in the places of the funnels: here the fuel-air mixture lingers for a long time, which is why the temperature is considerable.
The length of the chimney pipe is not more than 3.5 meters. Otherwise, due to too good traction, the fuel will be pulled into the pipe, which will significantly increase consumption and reduce heat transfer.
The figure on the right shows a hot-water version of a home-made oven. Around the upper part of the afterburning zone, several turns of a steel tube are made through which water is passed. In order that the temperature of the gases does not fall strongly, the coil is closed with a heat-reflecting steel casing. Cold water flows from the bottom, passing in a spiral, heats up and goes into the system.
Miracle furnace to work out
This option is very popular among summer residents and in garages. A convenient small stove, which is made with round or square burning zones. The design is so successful that there are even industrial options. For example, one of the enterprises sells it under the name “Ritsa”. The diagram gives all the necessary dimensions.
Waste oil furnace with dimensions – everything you need to make it yourself
A video report on how to assemble this furnace will help you navigate the work order.
The video below shows a variant with square tanks, its dressing and dimensions.
Furnaces operating on waste oil, do not only artisanal method, they are produced and industry. And there are both imported and Russian. But the type of construction they have is different.
European or American boilers to work out they belong to the category of oil-fired furnaces. They use the principle of supercharging: the oil is sprayed into small droplets, connected to the air flow. And already the fuel-air mixture is ignited. Imported factory furnaces use the same principle, only a special burner is installed in which the fuel is heated before spraying.
To evaluate the difference in technology and structure, watch the following video. The device is completely different.
In Russian-made kilns, most of them use the first principle – there is a red-hot (plasma) bowl in which liquid fuel is converted into gaseous, mixed with air and burned. By this principle, the following units are built:
- Gecko. Produced in Vladivostok. Make units with a capacity of 15, 30, 50 and 100 kW / hour. These are hot water boilers that are built into the water heating system. Prices from 70,000 wheels for 15 kW boiler.
Boilers for working out the Russian production “Gecko”
Typhoon. They are produced by Belamos. These are heat generators: heat the air. There are two options – Typhoon TM 15 and TGM 300, give out 20-30 kW / hour (price: 45,000 rubles and 65,000 rubles, respectively).
Herringbone-Turbo, there is a 15 kW, there is a 30 kW. These plants heat the air, but it is possible to make a water jacket.
Furnaces “Teplamos” with capacity from 5 kW / hour to 50 kW / hour. They belong to the category of heat guns (heat the air). They start work with electric heating of the plasma bowl, when the desired temperature is reached, the fuel supply starts and the forced air supply to the combustion zone is turned on. The price of these plants is from 30,000 rubles per unit with a capacity of 5-15 kW.
Drawings and diagrams
Models of furnaces in which the used oil is used are created a lot. And below are a few schemes that can push you to the idea, and, the furnace to work out with their own hands, will be effective, economical and safe.
Oxygen cylinder furnace
Scheme oven “Gecko”
How to make a furnace to work out for the garage – the design and principle of operation
By choosing the method of heating the garage should be approached with all responsibility. Since this heating should be efficient and not expensive. Such heating of the garage can be done with the help of hand-made stoves.
Furnace for working out for the garage (Fig. 1) is a great way to quickly and cheaply heat. It is easy to assemble, dismantle and transport. This device is great for heating the garage, as there is good ventilation. The waste oil during the operation of the unit emits harmful evaporation, because of this, the garage variant of the furnace is significantly different from the one that is installed for heating residential premises.
Fig. 1 waste oil oven
in the garage
Advantages and disadvantages of the unit on waste oil
Furnace waste oil for the garage have the following advantages in their work:
- Economical design and fuel consumption, as well as the important role played by cheap mining;
- Reliability of a design is proved by time;
- Simple circuit design. Thanks to this, such a furnace can be easily made by hand;
- The waste oil oven is quite functional and versatile, since you can also cook food on it. Often, this unit is used not only in the garage, but also for heating warehouses, greenhouses and other outbuildings.
The disadvantages of the design of this furnace include several factors:
- You should not refill the oven with contaminated oil, you must first stand for some time or clean it with a filter;
- Insecurity. Furnace working on waste oil is flammable, its functioning should not be left unattended;
- The chimney system must be arranged so that there are no horizontal sections in it. The angle of the nozzle should not exceed 450. The length of the chimney should not be less than 4 m.
- It is necessary to conduct regular maintenance of the furnace. For example, chimney and pallet cleaning, etc.
Design and principle of operation
The waste oil furnace, which is needed for heating the garage, is made up of 2 tanks (Fig. 2). One of them is at the bottom, the other at the top and connects their pipe. Holes with a diameter of 1 cm must be drilled in this burner pipe. Air is blown through these holes for better burning.
Testing is placed in the lower tank. In the process of its heating, oil vapors are released. These vapors rise through a pipe-burner in which they mix with air and ignite with new force. The upper tank is a combustion chamber. It is here that the remaining part of the vapor burns out, and the products of combustion are discharged through the chimney.
Ignition of the furnace for working out in the garage should be carried out with the help of any combustible mixture, for example, suitable for this fire-igniting liquid. It is necessary to moisten the paper with this substance and set it on fire, and then lower it into the hole in the lower tank. At the same time, the valve is covered and a small gap must be left.
Fig. 2 Waste oil furnace design
Tools and materials for the manufacture of the unit
To make the oven to work out for heating the garage you need to prepare the following materials:
- Sheet metal 4 mm thick for the manufacture of tanks;
- Sheet metal thickness of 6 mm for the cover;
- Chimney pipe with a diameter of 10 cm;
- Corner or tube of small diameter for the manufacture of legs.
From the tools you will need a drill and welding machine. Drill is needed to make holes in the pipe for the supply of oxygen, and with the help of a welding machine connect all the details of the design. You will also need an angle grinder (Bulgarian), and with additional tools you need to take a level and a tape measure.
But there are furnace designs that can be made by hand from a gas cylinder.
Making a furnace for the garage
It is very important to prepare a place in the garage where the oven will stand on waste oil. The walls and the floor in this area of the room need to be covered with heat insulating material – sheet steel or asbestos sheets. And you can put the unit on the brickwork. First you need to make a drawing with all measurements and according to the scheme (fig. 3) assemble the unit for the garage with your own hands.
Fig. 3 Scheme of manufacture of the furnace on waste oil
Work should begin from the manufacture of tanks. To do this, take a sheet of steel with a thickness of 4 mm, and with the help of the grinder, the marked parts are cut from it. Marking should be carried out according to the drawing. As a rule, these parts are round, but square.
The parts of the waste oil furnace are connected with a welding machine. The cover for the lower tank is made of 6 mm thick sheet steel (Fig. 4). In this lid, a hole must be made with a damper through which air will flow into the first combustion chamber, and oil is poured through this hole. The valve is needed in order to control the intensity of burning.
Fig. 4 Lower waste oil tank
The lid on the bottom of the tank should be very tight, there should be no gaps. In the lid there is a round hole in the middle, a pipe-burner is welded to it, which connects 2 tanks. This pipe should be not less than 10 cm in diameter, and its length should be not less than 35 cm. 9-10 mm holes should be drilled in the connecting pipe of the furnace, they should be about 50 pcs. drill holes need to evenly across the rows.
Fig. 5 Holes in the pipe-burner furnace on waste
Further, following the example of the first tank, the upper one, that is, the combustion chamber, should be manufactured. As in the first embodiment, the cover should be 6 mm thick steel. A chimney hole should be cut in this cover. Also, the partition is welded to the lid. It is made of steel 6 mm, and is placed closer to the chimney hole.
The finished upper combustion chamber is welded to the burner pipe. The lid should also fit well and not form gaps.
Fig. 6 All necessary parts for assembly of the unit
in oil with their own hands
All joints made by welding should be checked for tightness and sandpaper. The chimney of the furnace for working out, which is installed in the garage, must be made of galvanized steel, tin, or ceramics. For ease of maintenance of the chimney should be made removable. So it will be more convenient to clean it.
Before you install the device in the garage for testing, you need to check it on the street, that is, for the first time, it functions outdoors. It is necessary for security to understand that everything is properly assembled. It is necessary to fill in about 2 liters of oil and ignition is made. If everything is done correctly, the unit to work should fully ignite in 5-7 minutes.
If an unforeseen situation occurred and the furnace caught fire, then in no case should you extinguish it with water, this is done only by a fire extinguisher.
At operation of the oil furnace for garage different oil, the fulfilled type is applied. For example, motor, transmission, depreciation, transformer. Of course, it is better if the oil is clean, but even if it is contaminated there is nothing to worry about. Oil can be cleaned or defended. It is very important that the waste oil does not contain water.
For igniting the waste oil with their own hands can not use highly flammable substances, such as gasoline or acetone. During ignition, one can use such combustion catalysts as fuel oil, kerosene, bonfire ignition liquid, etc. The catalyst must be oily. After the stove is running, it is not necessary to add fuel, as the burning efficiency will drop dramatically. The refilling of the furnace with waste oil takes place only after the previous portion of oil has completely burned and the unit has completely cooled down.
Tips for servicing the unit in oil
Cleaning the heater with used oil installed in the garage should be done regularly. You can do it yourself. It consists in cleaning the lower tank, that is, the tank where the oil is located, as well as the chimney system from soot and soot settled there. It is very convenient to clean the removable chimney, it is simply removed and placed over the bucket, then by tapping on the pipe pieces of soot and soot fall out.
It is necessary to build a visor with your own hands over the hole in the pipe, thanks to which no precipitates and other garbage from the street get into the system. In order to extend the life of the unit on oil it can be painted. To do this, make a mixture of silicate glue (500 ml), aluminum powder (100 g) and chalk (10 g). The finished mixture should be applied with a brush to the surface. So the unit in the garage will last much longer.
Oven for a garage for working off: device, principle of operation
Oven for working out for the garage
A waste oil garage oven is a real find for motorists, the price of fuel is minimal, and it serves not only to heat the room when necessary, but it also solves the problem of waste disposal that can pollute the soil and sewage drains.
If the manufacturing process is carried out in compliance with all the rules and recommendations of experts, and the installation is made in a safe place for a person, the garage oven with oil will create comfort for working in the garage. The article proposes to get acquainted with the device and the order of manufacture of such a furnace.
How it is arranged and on what principle the furnace operates
The furnace for working off on the principle of action is close to the pyrolysis furnace.
It burns in two stages:
- Combustion vapor combustion, which produces flammable gases.
- Further combustion of these gases, under the action of high temperatures.
Complete combustion of waste oil provides a minimum content of toxic and harmful impurities, while maintaining the high efficiency of the heater.
The scheme of the principle of operation of the furnace at working
If the instructions for installing and using the furnace are followed, then complete combustion of the furnace can be achieved.
A waste oil garage stove includes the following structural elements:
- Low-temperature lower combustion chamber. which is aligned with the tank and equipped with a hole to regulate the air supply. Through it fuel is added and the furnace is set on fire.
- Average camera Here is the combustion of gases mixed with air. The device is made in the form of a pipe with numerous holes that provide maximum air flow.
- Upper camera. in which gas residues are burned and smoke is generated. It is attached to a pipe for the removal of smoke, derived in the chimney.
Tip: A garage oven with oil should have a chimney of at least four meters, and it should be located only vertically. Its horizontal position is not allowed.
Used oil after combustion produces a large amount of soot, which, settling on horizontal sections of pipes, quickly clogs them with soot. In this case, the products of combustion can get into the room, and the person in it will get carbon monoxide poisoning.
Within the premises, the chimney is allowed to be installed at an angle in the range from 45 to 90 degrees, and only strictly vertically – outdoors. The top of the pipe is protected by a tip, to protect it from precipitation and wind blowing.
The garage stove must be made of heat-resistant or structural steel with a sheet thickness in excess of four millimeters. It should be borne in mind that the upper chamber carries a large thermal load.
If there is no forced cooling, its temperature can reach 800 ° C, which requires the fabrication of an element of thicker metal.
Self-made kilns for working out for the garage can be made from scraps of pipes or sheet metal.
For the manufacture of the furnace it is necessary to purchase such tools and materials:
- Grinder with cutting and grinding wheels.
- Welding machine.
- Electrodes for welding.
- Sheet metal and pieces of pipes.
- Corner for the manufacture of legs.
- Metal paint withstands high temperatures.
How to make a stove
Homemade oven working out for the garage is made in the following sequence:
- Assembling the bottom of the camera. In such a furnace, the primary combustion chamber and the fuel tank are combined. This is a round device, closed by a lid in which holes are drilled for pouring oil and for installing the pipe – the second chamber of the furnace.
Parts for the manufacture of furnaces for testing
By the dimensions shown in the photo, details are cut out for the lower tank, the edges are trimmed with a grinder and welded. The walls are best made from a piece of pipe.
They are welded to the bottom of the sheet metal, from the corners – legs. A cover is cut with holes: one hundred millimeters in diameter in the center and 60 millimeters closer to any edge.
Tip: The cover must be made removable, which will facilitate cleaning the device and transporting the oven.
- In a piece of pipe, with a diameter of one hundred millimeters and a length of about 360 millimeters, holes are drilled for air intake, with a diameter equal to one tenth of the diameter of the pipe. The holes must be evenly spaced in diameter and height of the device.
- The pipe is welded to the cap of the lower tank. At the same time, it is necessary to control its perpendicular installation. An air damper is placed on the cover; it can be fixed on the rivet or with the help of bolts. The diameter of the hole for mounting the flap is 60 millimeters. Oil is poured into the same hole and the stove is ignited.
- Similar to the bottom, going to the top tank. For the body is taken a pipe with a diameter of 355 millimeters. In the plate, which will be the bottom, a hole is made with a diameter of one hundred millimeters offset to the edge of the bottom. A small part of a 110-mm-diameter pipe is welded to it, which will be put on the perforated chamber where gases are burned.
- The lid of the upper tank is exposed to high temperatures, so it must be made of metal with a thickness of at least 6 millimeters. It is a hole for the installation of the chimney, it is located on the side that is opposite the hole at the bottom of the chamber.
Between the chimney and the wall of the chamber to the top cover of the valve is welded, which is a partition made of thick metal. The cutter should be positioned closer to the smoke exit.
- A chimney is welded to the top cover, which is then connected to the chimney. To increase the rigidity of the structure between the chambers, a spacer is welded from a corner or small pipe diameter.
- The furnace can be painted with paint on metal that can withstand high temperatures.
How to install and ignite the stove to work
To install the furnace on waste oil, you must prepare a flat platform. It can be made of concrete or bricked up.
The distance from combustible materials to the walls must be at least one meter. The platform is leveled by a plumb line and level to avoid distortions.
Tip: When installing the stove, it is necessary to position the hole for filling the oil so that it is convenient to approach it, load the fuel and adjust the air intake.
- The chimney is installed as vertically as possible, and its length should be more than four meters, which will ensure good traction. The outer part of the chimney should be insulated to avoid the accumulation of condensate – acids that destroy the structure.
- The collapsible design of the furnace is convenient for cleaning: you need to remove the chimney from the pipe to remove the smoke and the top with a high-temperature chamber, then you can remove carbon and soot from the stove.
- Such a furnace can work on any used oil:
It is necessary to fill the fuel at a level that does not exceed half the tank, and oil vapors will form in the remaining volume. After pouring the oil, it should be kept for a while with the valve fully open, to saturate the oil vapor before igniting with oxygen.
It is possible to kindle the stove with chimney matches or torches lowered into the tank through the hole.
Kindle the stove to work
After the stove has flared up, the hole is covered by half, and after it is heated, the flow of air into the tank is adjusted to ensure that the gases in the perforated pipe are even
Tip: It is strictly forbidden to pour gasoline, kerosene, any solvents and flammable substances into the oven. This could trigger an explosion.
More details about the design of the furnaces for testing, their advantages will show the video.
You can learn more about heating the garage with your own hands on our resource.
Sources: http://stroychik.ru/otoplenie/pech-na-otrabotke-svoimi-rukami, http://kotlomaniya.ru/pechi/pech-na-otrabotke-dlya-garazha-svoimi-rukami.html, http: //1pogarazham.ru/otopitelnaya-sistema/oborudovanie-dlya-otopleniya/75-pechka-dlya-garazha-na-otrabotke