The foundation pit after hardening of concrete is laid out under the construction of foam concrete or brick pillars. During the construction of the supports of the required type, anchors are laid in order to subsequently fix the frame shed in the place of its lower binding.
On the pillars stacked ruberoid trim to prevent rotting of the frame of the tree. Now the stage of creation of the fundamental basis is considered to be passed and it is possible to engage in further construction.
Requires checking the accuracy of the construction of pillars. To do this, put a board on a number of pillars flat and adjust the level. If there are errors, they must be corrected by mounting on the top of the post trimming boards. The control specifications are carried out by placing the board along the short and long rows.
The base element is placed on a columnar, pre-aligned foundation. If no anchors were laid during the creation of the pillars, then the timber is applied already in place and points for fastening holes are marked. Mounted on top of the timber frame, filled with ordinary logs. A floor of OSB, boards and thick plywood is laid on them. It is necessary to leave gaps of 2-3 mm with the expectation of linear temperature expansion.
In accordance with the dimensions, the front wall is mounted and fixed with temporary lugs, then the side and rear ones. When you perform the correct cutting will result in the construction of a frame shed with the same height of the walls. Otherwise, build or filing will be required. If you have doubts about the loyalty of work, the walls can be assembled with separate elements that have a small margin in length. Then the top of the racks is fastened with the help of side temporary harness. Available residues after construction are cut off at the upper boundary.
The top trim is mounted in two rows on the ends of the racks. In the case of using a side temporary board for alignment, it must be removed. Stationary piping is installed so that the joints of the row lying below are blocked.
The cantilever frame is assembled from small posts, the top of which is filmed at the required angle to create a ramp. The slope must be set in advance, by drawing a roof diagram in the form of a standard rectangular triangle.
A rafter template is formed from the board, the blank is applied to the place of installation. It is worth remembering that the length of the rafters should be provided with rear and front overhang.
Rafter legs are cut, placed on racks and fastened with metal corners. They are mounted on a continuous crate with a waterproofing material and a roof covering: special profiled steel, metal tile, etc.
After the frame shed is ready with its own hands, it is sheathed with siding or other suitable material.
Further the door jamb is formed, the door with the lock is put. The cantilever frame is closed from the inside using a net.
Roof trusses for a slope
In order to build a frame shed do-it-yourself with a lean-to roof, truss ready systems are used to ensure the safety and convenience of execution. The main activities for the production of modules on solid ground in a relaxed atmosphere.
The stores are metal or wooden trusses, which only need to put and fix on the roof. But because of this, construction costs will increase slightly.
With independent production, it is easier to monitor the dimensional accuracy and eliminate shortcomings right on the spot than to connect, build up or saw off something at height. The quality of the building increases markedly due to comfortable working conditions.
Advantages of using roof trusses
The frame shed with a single-sided roof of roof trusses has the advantage that the walls are not transferred from the triangular closed module, which adversely affects such supporting structures. Thus, the thrust is distributed in the roof truss itself without transferring the load to the building.
But this method is not ideal. It is used to create buildings with a small area, since without additional elements, the rafter triangles can span spans of no more than 7 m, and no more than 24 m with support in the form of braces.
Mounted farm on the frame, the walls of which have the same height. Everything is extremely simple. Modules are made of wood to the size set in advance. The hypotenuse of the modular triangle becomes the rafter foot, in some cases it can be a supporting element, on which the rafter lies. It acts as a floor beam. The functions of the girder frame, consisting of the end elements of the trusses, are performed by a short leg.
It is required to create a drawing with calculations before building a frame shed and to start making triangles from rafters. If a farm is made for the subsequent fixation of rafters on the hypotenuse, then the triangle is removed without taking into account the overhang.
Why do I need a tiny pocket on jeans? Everyone knows that there is a tiny pocket on jeans, but few people wondered why he might be needed. Interestingly, it was originally a place for xp.
What does the shape of the nose say about your personality? Many experts believe that by looking at the nose, you can say a lot about a person’s personality. Therefore, at the first meeting, pay attention to the unfamiliar nose.
10 charming star children, who today look very differently Time flies, and one day, little celebrities become adult personalities who are no longer recognizable. Cute boys and girls turn into a.
Why are some babies born with the “kiss of an angel”? Angels, as we all know, are kind to people and their health. If your child has a so-called angel kiss, then you are not.
12 things you should not buy in second-hand Check out the list of things that should always be new, and never buy them in second-hand.
Contrary to all stereotypes: a girl with a rare genetic disorder conquers the world of fashion This girl’s name is Melanie Gaidos, and she broke into the world of fashion rapidly, shocking, inspiring and destroying stupid stereotypes.
Construction of frame sheds
As an economic building gardeners mainly use the barn. Tools, inventory, fertilizers, and other materials are stored in this building. Such a structure can be made to order. However, a frame shed with your own hands will be cheaper. If the owner of the cottage has enough free time, he can quickly build the building.
Appearance of a classic frame barn
Make a rough estimate in advance to know how much the construction of an economic structure will cost.
The first stage of work
Before you begin to understand how to build a frame barn, to be done a few more steps. Construction must begin with determining the location of the outbuilding on the site plan. It is better not to focus on the barn and hide it behind the country house. The approach to the barn should be free: you can not clutter it up or plant it with plants. It is recommended to think about making a path to it from the residential building.
Then even in bad weather it will be convenient to approach the shed to take the necessary tool. The drawing and the construction project is an important document, which contains all the main points of the future construction. It can be standard or individual. The project is ordered in the construction organizations or draw themselves.
Draft frame barn with woodshed
Consider a few tips on how to choose the right place for the barn:
- Building construction is better to do on a hill. Then the structure is not threatened with meltwater in the spring, or there will not be water in it after heavy rain. The construction will serve the owners longer.
- When making a project, you can designate the width of the entrance door, depending on the size of the car you use for gardening.
- If you are a newbie and have not done construction work before, then entrust the project to professionals in this industry. The price of such a service is much less than the costs that are unavoidable if the plan is drafted incorrectly and the building will soon collapse.
- Materials for the construction of auxiliary facilities can be almost any: boards, cant, OSB plates. The base can be a strip foundation, precast, columnar and monolithic, to choose from.
Covering the walls of a frame shed with OSB plates
The project reflects the best option based on the characteristics of a particular site.
The shape of the farm building varies. Sheds are square or rectangular. The structure can be like a shed roof. and ridge type. Materials for the roof, choose any, based on their own preferences and financial capabilities. To cover the roof suitable professional sheet, slate, tile. The budget options include roofing felt or polycarbonate. The price of the latest materials is available to all who wish to start individual construction at their summer cottage.
The project will allow to determine not only the appearance and interior arrangement of the premises, but also the cost of the building as a whole.
Reasons to choose this particular design.
There are a number of advantages for framed outbuilding:
- It is possible to buy ready-made parts of factory production and quickly assemble the structure if necessary.
Dimension drawing for frame shed assembly
Implement the project on your own is not difficult. Individual elements are assembled on the basis of the constructor. Any beginner can handle the affordable and simple build.
The durability of the design will allow to operate the finished structure for many years.
The speed of construction of the building is an indisputable advantage of frame structures. To make a frame of wood, we need bars, boards nails, corners of metal and a week of time.
There is no need to create a truss system, without which you can not do in a country house.
Building a good barn is impossible without building a solid foundation. The site intended for the construction of the structure should be carefully leveled. Do this in stages:
- Moisten the soil well and tamp it down. If necessary, this procedure is repeated several times. It is necessary to achieve complete shrinkage of the soil.
An example of a column base under the frame barn
Check how flat the ground is with a long level. Proceed to the next step only when you are sure that everything is in order.
Sprinkle sand-gravel pillow and seal it.
Make a markup on the site. Mark the perimeter of the future shed. Install concrete blocks in the corners and in the middle of each side.
On them, assemble a wooden frame or make a metal frame. In the first case, the frame will turn out to be prefabricated, and in the second, not, since the individual parts will have to be welded together. In the blocks of concrete, make holes using a perforator and secure the frame with anchors. For the manufacture of a wooden frame of the frame you can use the bar 15.x.15 cm.
Collect logs for the floor. When laying the flooring, make sure that the timber of the frame of the floorboard covers only 1/3. 10 cm later goes under the frame of the walls. Warm hozblok suggests and good floor warming. After laying the rolled insulation material, cover the floor with linoleum.
The crossbar is made of timber 15 x 10, and fastenings are performed using metal corners.
- Put the pillars on the corners. Check their level and secure with braces. Attach the pillars to the frame using the corners. Trim the top. Install the racks around the perimeter of the column foundation. Do not forget that the front pillars above the rear.
The process of assembling the roof of a frame shed
Install door and window frames.
Make the outer trim. Nail the boards overlap. They need to be insulated from below with membrane insulation. You can use a profiled board. Trim the inside. Lay insulation and waterproofing and close them with fiberboard or chipboard. If the shed will be used as an office or workshop, upholstery the wall. The shed can be lined up in one layer if a cold structure is required, and double-layer upholstery is for a warm structure.
When an outbuilding is urgently required, then a ready-made barn sold on the market can be used. Plastic construction is easier to assemble than structures made from other building materials. You need to agree in advance with the experts so that they themselves can do the installation, if you cannot for some reason be engaged in the assembly.
Capital construction will last for many years, however, it also has drawbacks:
- Construction takes time.
- The price for the construction of the structure is quite high.
- A person without work experience must first learn how a phased construction of a structure is carried out. Improper actions lead to additional labor and material costs.
If the instruction does not seem clear to you, try to understand it again.
Alternative plastic construction is much easier to assemble.
Draft frame barn plastic sheathed
Lightweight construction can be considered a worthy alternative to structures made of other materials. The plastic shed has all the advantages of frame construction. The construction is easy to assemble and disassemble when required. Plastic is different from wood: rainwater or irrigation water will not spoil the material and will not cause rust. This barn can be assembled in the spring and disassembled in the fall.
It is erected on the summer cottage in accordance with the rules for the construction of buildings of this type. The shed should be at a distance of at least 3 m from the neighboring cottage and 5 m from the road.
Otherwise, everything is done at the discretion of the owner: the main thing that he was comfortable. Today, finished products can be painted in different colors. They have different dimensions. The owner of the cottage will easily find a suitable construction for himself in accordance with his plans.
Drawing with the size of the frame shed for giving
The assembly of the plastic structure is carried out quickly, since the strip foundation is not poured under it. It is enough to prepare a base of crushed stone or sand and gravel for future construction and tamp it well.
Decide which type of roof is more suitable for a shed:
After that, start to build the selected structure. Consider the example of the construction of a shed roof.
- Connect the frame stands with the frame. Use a metal corner.
- Lay waterproofing.
- Install crate. Lay a roofing felt or soft roof on it. Fix the professional sheet or metal tile from above with screws. The crate is made of planed boards or beams, so as not to tear when working waterproofing material.
Example of batten frame barn boards
Indoor crate for the ceiling. On the beams pull waterproofing. Timber is hammered with long nails. Be sure to embed the cap in the tree.
Selection of roofing materials
Reliable roof today can be made using the available materials. Today, roofing materials on the market are represented in a huge range, and finding a suitable option for themselves in terms of price and quality is not a difficult task. Among them are considered traditional slate sheets.
- Acceptable price. Even people with low incomes can afford to buy slate;
- Excellent workability. Slate is easily cut. For this purpose, use any tools: saw, hacksaw, grinder;
- Frost resistance Do not worry if the thermometer shows – 40 degrees.
Option of warming of a frame shed
This roofing material is not exposed to low temperatures;
Easy installation. The material fits perfectly with your own hands. Even if a person has never done roofing work, he will perform a high-quality installation on his own. To do this, just read the instructions;
Long service life. Slate, a material that can serve for decades.
Modern industry produces several types of slate, both standard and non-standard. The most common brands of roofing material:
- HC (unified profile);
- VO (normal profile);
- WU (wavy profile).
Modern manufacturers add various coloring pigments in production. Slate sheets are bright. Paint on the surface of the product does not fade over time.
Differences of slate from ondulin
Ondulin – roofing material that is harmless to health. In terms of service life, it practically does not lose to slate sheets. It is also available in a wide range of colors.
However, slate compared with ondulin has several advantages:
- Slate sheet is harder, so it can withstand heavy loads;
- Slate has excellent corrosion resistance;
- This roofing material practically does not heat up even in the midday heat. Its heat transfer coefficient is very low;
- Wonderful maintainability. Damage to slate sheets is easy to repair.
More recently, polycarbonate has been a new development. Today this building material is available to everyone. Why choose it to make a roof for a shed? The polycarbonate roof has no restrictions in terms of the implementation of design ideas.
An example of a frame barn sheathed with polycarbonate
Polycarbonate bends perfectly, so the roof easily takes on various forms. If you want an outbuilding to look unique, take full advantage of the polycarbonate construction. The material makes its unique properties universal:
- Optimum UV protection;
- High fire safety;
- A light weight;
- Ability to withstand heavy loads;
- The term of operation is not less than 15 years;
- The ability to transmit sunlight up to 89%;
- Resistance to sudden temperature changes;
- Easy handling;
- Easy installation;
- Low cost.
The project can be quite cheap if you just want to have a place to store garden tools.
The design of the frame shed for inventory
When the owner wants to place a photo workshop or an office in the power block, then the price of the object increases. In the first case, the construction will be at minimal cost: the owner of the cottage can only do with the materials at hand, which he got as a result of disassembling the old shed. In the second case, the investment is inevitable.
This is the only way to create a cozy and comfortable room in which you will be engaged in your favorite work or work in solitude when no one distracts.
Step-by-step instruction allows you to build the desired design of the frame barn. Competently made project is a guarantee of long-term operation of the premises, provided that the construction will be carried out in accordance with all norms and requirements. Do not seek to choose building materials on the market absolutely cheap.
Ready project of the frame shed sheathed by clapboard
Price is not the only criterion that you must follow. Take products from reputable manufacturers who have proven themselves to be in good places.
How to build a frame barn do it yourself
A shed is needed both in the territory of a private house and in a country house. It allows you to solve many economic problems. This room is intended for the storage of firewood, fertilizer, garden tools or any equipment, such as lawn mowers. Also in it you can install a workbench, equip a workshop. There are many ways how and from what materials to build it. In the article we will look at how to build an inexpensive frame shed with your own hands.
A few important points when designing a barn
Despite the simplicity of the design, you should take into account some of the nuances before its construction:
- the shed should not be visible from the main entrance to the territory, it is better to place it in the background. No matter how careful it is, it is still an economic block;
- the approach to it should be free, since it is possible to carry and carry large-sized things (during repairs in the house) or building materials;
- It is better to place it on a hill, thus it is possible to protect the building from melt or rainwater. This will prevent dampness in the room, corrosion on metal parts and rotting of wooden frame elements;
- carefully thought-out layout of the premises will help to avoid changes during construction or additional extensions after its completion. Perhaps it will be equipped with a workshop, a game room, a summer kitchen or space for chickens planned? Then it is advisable to divide the room into two parts: an economic and a workshop (a playroom, etc.). In this case, it is recommended to make two separate entrances;
- undoubtedly, the barn frame type has a long service life. For the construction of walls often used ordinary timber and OSB. You can give a more pleasant and neat look to this building by covering it with clapboard or siding;
- brick building with a brick wall will last forever, but it will be much more expensive. In this case, it is recommended to make a basement of three or four rows of clinker, lay waterproofing and continue the construction already with logs.
- a single-shed roof is usually carried out on a frame shed, but a gable option is also carried out if desired. For the roof, they often use Euro-slate or profiled sheet, but here, of course, you can choose the material with which the roof of the main building is covered to maintain the overall style;
- prior to construction, it is necessary to accurately determine the location of the door and the slope of the roof, otherwise rain drops or melt water will flow directly above the entrance;
- Do not forget about waterproofing, applying, for example, a film, which should be pulled over the rafters, and then fixed and counter lattice.
Construction of a frame shed
The framework under the frame shed
To protect the wooden frame from moisture, you can use a strip foundation. the best option would be if you make a base (30-40 cm) of concrete. It should be remembered that it is not suitable for sedimentary and peaty soil. Also, such a base is suitable if you plan to perform the first few rows of clinker, then the need for a base will disappear.
- To do this, prepare a trench with a depth of about 30-40 cm and a width of 25-30 cm, 10-15 cm sand pad is filled up.
- The insulation must be laid on top, otherwise when pouring concrete, the “milk” is immediately absorbed into the sand, thereby reducing the strength characteristics of the concrete.
- Then mounted formwork. The height of this structure above the ground must correspond to the height of the base. If necessary, reinforce the upper part of the formwork with supports. Particular attention should be paid to the corners, because they are the main burden. The reinforcement is laid with a thickness of 10-12 mm, it is tied together with wire or reinforced with special clamps, cell welding is unacceptable.
- It is desirable to carry out the laying of concrete (M200, 250) in one go. It is not recommended to perform these works in the rain, and in hot weather it should be regularly wetted with water to avoid microcracks, which, in turn, will further affect the strength of the entire base.
- After 10-14 days you can begin to install vertical supports, as a rule, by this time the concrete is gaining up to 70% strength.
For lightweight buildings, a columnar foundation is applicable.
- To do this, around the perimeter of the structure and necessarily at the corners with a step of not more than 1.5 meters, so-called “chairs” of burnt brick are set. Where their width will be 240 mm – two bricks, and height – 195 mm (3 rows of bricks).
- Masonry is performed with the dressing of seams, cement M400 is better suited for mortar. In order for the building not to warp, it is necessary to keep track of the vertical and horizontal columns.
Alternatively, hollow concrete blocks (390×190 mm) can appear, later these voids are filled with sand-cement mortar.
- Here, pits with a depth of about 0.5 m are dug out, covered with sand and rubble (each layer is compacted), and then blocks are installed.
- They are necessarily mounted on the corners of the building and then distributed along the entire perimeter, the recommended distance between them is about 1 meter.
- An additional row of concrete blocks can be placed under the floor of the future shed.
The wooden foundation is preferably made of larch logs with a thickness of about 300 mm, they must be treated at least 2-3 times with liquid bitumen.
- Holes are drilled and prepared wooden piles are installed in them. Watering the soil, compact it thoroughly and then saw off at the desired height (30-40 cm).
- For reliability, a concrete solution can be poured into the well.
- Instead of logs, metal piles will also serve as constructive elements.
Floor. Walls. Roof
- fastening of the timber trim to wooden piles is made with nails, necessarily hammered diagonally;
- To the brick and concrete grillage installation is performed by T-shaped anchor bolts.
- At the stage of mounting the strapping should be placed waterproofing (for example, roofing felt in a couple of layers), and already from the top is strapping with lumber.
- For the framework, a bar is used, 100×100 mm, their joints at the corners can be made in a “half-timber” area, where cuts of approximately 50×50 mm are made half the thickness of the bar (on both sides). If necessary, chisel or sharply sharpened with an ax made fitting parts in the corners of the frame.
- Beams-logs are made of 50×100 planks, placed on an edge with a pitch of not more than 600 mm. All elements are interconnected by nails or screws.
Tip: for convenience, a working platform (rough floor). For the flooring, boards of 30×150 mm are used, with dense fitting of them to each other or sheets of plywood, chipboard 16 mm thick.
- Before installing the racks for the walls, it is necessary to check all the horizontal lines and check the diagonals of the obtained bottom trim.
- Vertical posts made of 100×100 mm timber are fastened with the use of L-shaped metal fasteners or with ordinary nails with a slanting face. The distance between them should be no more than 1.5 m. For greater reliability, they are fastened diagonally by a 40×100 mm board.
- Non-angular supports can be strengthened by stitching so that they do not “diverge”, after the implementation of the upper strapping, they are removed.
- The location of the racks for the door depends on its type and size. If the door is single-sided, then there are 2 options for installing vertical supports:
- on one side, a corner bar will serve as a support for the box, and then one additional rack will be additionally installed;
- but if the door is planned in the center of the wall, then 2 racks are mounted. The distance between them is dictated by the width of the door with the box.
- Next comes the turn of the installation of the horizontal bar, which should correspond to the height of the door. On the walls, in places for windows, bars of the required sizes are also displayed.
- Then top strapping is performed, the same lumber is used here. At this stage it is necessary to implement a sidebar in the rack. Carrying ceiling beams of 50×100 mm boards are also installed.
- For a shed roof – one of its sides must be sewn (lifted) with bars until the required slope is obtained, which should not be less than 25 °. When installing rafters, you need to remember that they should protrude approximately 300 mm beyond the edge of the roof. Be sure to put underruns feet (supports).
- Transverse boards 50×100 mm are also installed with a protrusion, the pitch is not more than 600 mm. Then, lathing is performed for mounting the roofing material. Depending on the material, it can be solid or discharged. As waterproofing, normal roofing felt or membrane film will perform well.
Below is a detailed video on how to build a frame shed with your own hands.
Facing frame shed
- For plating, any material is used, usually it is a professional sheet or board, the fasteners of which can be made both vertically and horizontally, with or without an overlap of 2-3 cm.
- You can take the lining, but this option will be much more expensive.
- The inner part of the utility block is insulated, depending on its purpose, sheathed, divided by a partition, set up a workbench, racks, determine the place of “residence” of chickens.
Amount of material for a frame shed project 3×6 m
Before you build a frame barn you need to make a drawing so that you don’t have to refine your plans on the go. The plan will allow you to correctly calculate and then purchase the required material. Immediately it should be noted that all sawn timber is carefully processed from all sides by various impregnations, antiseptics, so it will last an order of magnitude longer.
The dimensions of the boards, bars depend on the type of their mounting: complete cutting (incomplete “into the wood floor”) or with the help of steel bars, corners.
For fixing, nails, screws, screws are used, special L-shaped strips are used for more secure fastening especially at the corners of the structure.
Below is the calculation of the material required for the construction of the frame of the economic block 3×6 m on a tape base, with one window 1.5×1 m, door 80×200 cm (in the center of the wall).
- Lower and upper trim and logs (floor beams) – bars 100×100 mm – 6 pcs. 6000 mm and 8 pcs. 3000 mm.
- The flooring is made of 6000 mm boards of 25×150 mm, they need 20 pieces.
- Vertical supports – 100×100 mm bars – 11 pieces 2400 mm, two of which will go to the racks for the door.
- The slope of the roof can be created in 2 ways: to increase 50 cm in bars, for this you will need 4 pieces, or when installing vertical supports on one side, on which the slope falls, should be initially shorter (lower).
- The draft ceiling is also covered with sheets of plywood or fiberboard, DSV, OSB or use boards of 25×150 mm.
- The rafters are made of bars 100×100 mm, taking into account 300 mm of overlap, 2 pcs are needed here. on 6600 mm.
- Rafter legs are mounted in this case with a step of 90 cm – 6 boards 50x100x3600 mm.
- The crate of the discharged type is mounted with a pitch equal to 600 mm from boards of 25x100x6600 mm, they will need 7 pieces.
- End boards (visor) are installed on the ends of the structure, for this is used lumber 25×100 mm. Accordingly, we need 2 boards of 6600 mm and 2 – with a length of 3600 mm.
- For the window and door, additional horizontal crossbars will be needed: 2 bars of 100x100x1500 mm and 1 beam of 100x100x800 mm.
Plastic or metal frame shed
A new word in construction – a shed of plastic or metal.
- These options are ideal for those who value their time and do not accept construction “dirt” on the site.
- The details of the economic unit are packed in boxes, thereby ensuring convenient transportation to the desired point.
- Such a structure, if necessary, is easy to move, because its installation / disassembly is quite simple and takes less than two hours.
- The shed of these materials has an aesthetic appearance, thanks to a variety of color.
- One of its advantages is practicality, it does not need special care, such as: treatment with antiseptics or annual painting. Care of such hozblokom is washing with ordinary water.
- A foundation is not required for its installation, a base made of crushed stone or sand-gravel is suitable here. And to withstand snow and wind loads will help the frame, reinforced reinforcement.
- When erecting or assembling a finished frame shed or change house, it should be remembered that any building should be at least 5 m away from the street line, and 3 m away from the neighboring site. The remaining nuances are position on the territory, orientation to the cardinal points is already, as they say, a matter of personal taste.
Frame barn photo
Sources: http://fb.ru/article/253622/karkasnyiy-saray-svoimi-rukami-poshagovaya-instruktsiya, http://proekt-sam.ru/postroiki/karkasniy-sarai-svoimi-rukami.html, http: //strport.ru/stroitelstvo-domov/karkasnye-doma/kak-postroit-karkasnyi-sarai-svoimi-rukami