External seam waterproofing can be performed in various ways: by vapor-permeable or self-expanding sealing tape, with a single-component acrylic sealant. They will protect the installation foam from moisture and direct sunlight. From the inside, the seam is closed with vapor barrier tape. Glue it to zapivaniya to the end of the frame with a thin strip. After the seam is treated with foam, the protective paper is removed from the adhesive strip and glued to the casing. The window sill is installed and screwed the starting profile to the edge of the frame before the sealing mass hardens.
Installing plastic windows in a wooden house: the process of work. Okosyachki manufacturing. Installation of a double-glazed window, window sill and outflow
In this article we will talk about what are the features of installing plastic windows in a wooden house. The use of double-glazed windows with PVC frames is becoming increasingly popular, which is not surprising. Modern PVC windows in terms of cost more affordable, in comparison with high-quality counterparts, made of lumber.
Again, PVC is more durable to us than a regular frame made of sawn timber. But when deciding on the installation of plastic windows you need to understand that, unlike wooden analogs, they are static and are not able to narrow and expand in accordance with the season or weather conditions. Therefore, structures with a PVC frame cannot be installed in a window opening without first producing casing.
Properly installed glazing
For your information: Casing (okosyachka) is a box assembled from sawn timber and installed in a window or doorway to protect the glass unit from deformations caused by shrinkage of sawn timber and wall shrinkage.
If self-installation of plastic windows in a wooden house was carried out without first producing the casing, the consequences may be the most undesirable.
The active phase of shrink processors lasts from 3 to 5 years. During this time, the configuration of the openings changes. As a result, the frame can not withstand the mechanical load and the glazing simply burst.
So, we found out that fixing PVC glass in buildings for shrinkage requires a special approach. Consider how to install a plastic window in a wooden house correctly.
In the photo mount glass in the house for shrinkage
The easiest way to order the installation of glass in specialized companies. Experts probably know how to install plastic windows in a wooden house and cope with this task quickly and efficiently; moreover, the price of the service is often included in the price of windows.
But it happens that the installation is paid separately, and in addition, you have to pay the fare to a country house. In this case, of course, it is advisable to carry out the installation yourself.
Scheme of installation work
Installation work consists of the following steps:
- Okosyachki assembly;
- window sill fasteners;
- window fasteners;
- fastener reflux.
Consider each of these steps in more detail.
Okosyachka with installed wooden window sill
The order of installation of plastic windows in a wooden house is such that the first thing to do is to manufacture the casing.
This is done as follows:
- Cut out the opening. If the opening is already there, check its sides for irregularities. All protruding fragments of the opening carefully cut off the chainsaw.
- On the sides of the opening we cut a “ridge” – a protrusion corresponding to the size of the carriage (carriage – vertical walls of the casing, which have characteristic protrusions in the form of a groove or spike).
The protrusion on the opening cut a chainsaw. We try to work carefully, applying a narrow tire so that the cut is straight.
- The casing box is assembled from two sides, as well as the bottom and top. The connection of all the elements together is done in half-wood.
Nailing or fixing with screws is not used, as the design must compensate for the deformation of the opening. Casing assembly is performed directly in the opening.
Important: The finished casing does not attach to the aperture; it forms a sliding joint with it. If the casing is screwed to the wall with screws, there will be no sense from this construction, as if the wall is deformed, it will lead to the octopus.
Installation of a double-glazed window
Installation instructions for plastic windows in a wooden house, provided that the casing is already installed, differs little from the installation of similar structures in a brick building.
Installation work is performed as follows:
- We prepare a double-glazed window for installation. Namely, we dismantle all the mounted elements from the frame.
This stage is relevant if the glass comes in the collection. If all the items are shipped in a disassembled state, you can immediately begin to install.
- The frame is inserted into the casing and is aligned in it in accordance with the water level. In order for the positioning of the frame to be successful, wooden chips of the required thickness are inserted from different sides into the gap.
- After the frame is set in accordance with the water level, from the inside in the frame we drill holes for screws.
If at installation of windows in the brick house dowels with plastic tips are used, then in wooden constructions self-tapping screws which enter a tree and reliably in it are kept are used.
The length of the screws is chosen in such a way that they enter the casing, but do not reach the opening in the wall.
- After the screws are screwed into wood. slightly spray the gap between the frame and the casing from the sprayer. This is done in order to provide better adhesion of foam and wood. Then we apply foam into this gap.
- After complete curing of the foam, we proceed to the installation of the window sill and the outflow.
Installation of a window sill
Proper installation of plastic windows in a wooden house with your own hands involves the installation of the window sill after the installation of the glass unit.
Instructions for installing wood window sills are as follows:
- In the lateral parts of the casing, at the level of the location of the future sill, special grooves are made to a depth of 1.5-2 cm.
- The window sill is moved into the grooves.
- In the upper part of the window sill is fixed with screws, which are screwed directly into the casing. In order to prevent the screw caps from being visible, sweats are pre-drilled before them, which are subsequently filled with wood putty.
Fitting plastic sill
Installation instructions for plastic window sills do not imply the use of screws. Also, as in the previous instruction, grooves are selected in the sidewalls into which the plastic cover slides. Fixing the cover in the opening can be performed using foam.
The rules for installing plastic windows in a wooden house imply the need to install an external pour.
Low tide is needed for several reasons.
- First of all. with the reflux set, the window looks more attractive.
- Secondly. provided proper selection and installation of low tide, rain will not fall on the surface of the wall under the window.
- Thirdly, the mounting foam applied around the frame will be protected from exposure to UV rays and will not lose its original insulating qualities.
Installation instructions for reflux are as follows:
- Low tide is applied to the casing in such a way that it is the upper edge went to the bottom edge of the window frame.
- After the ebb leveled we secure it with screws.
- After that around the entire frame are mounted trim.
Fully installed double-glazed window with window sill and platbands
Upon completion of the installation work, the doors are hung on the frame, and the glass unit is considered to be installed. If a set of windows comes completely disassembled, you will have to assemble the sash, namely insert the glass and press it with plastic bead.
In this article we looked at the installation of plastic windows in a wooden house. So now you can order the glazing of your country house without installation and thus save money.
There are questions that need clarification? More useful information can be found by watching the video in this article.
Sources: http://remontposobie.ru/okna/ustanovka-plastikovyx-okon-v-derevyannyx-domax-kakie-est-osobennosti.html, http://elbruso.ru/ustanavlivaem-plastikovye-okna-v-chastnom- dome.html, http://rubankom.com/sooruzheniya/chasti-zdaniya/okna/590-ustanovka-plastikovogo-okna-v-derevyannom-dome