Projects (drawings) of the four-slope roof
- How to make a two-sided roof with your own hands, drawings, video A two-sided roof with your own hands is a very real task that a person with minimal construction skills can handle. Now we will…
- How to make a lean-to roof with your own hands, projects, videos You have reached the stage of building a house – a roof device. We will tell you how to make a shed roof with your own hands, consider some…
- How to make a broken roof with your own hands, drawings, videos If you want to build a house with an attic, you need to think about the construction of the roof. For this case, you will not fit an ordinary gable roof…
- Beekeepers note: a hive for bees with their own hands Autumn is already in full swing, and all beekeepers have prepared the bees for winter. There will be more free time now, so why…
Use the search from Yandex
Like this article? Tell your friends!
- Recommendations for choosing a diesel generator Kipor
- SDMO generators and mini power plants
- Diesel generator to give
- Minipower stations Honda: review, comparison, selection
- Diesel Generators “Vepr”: description, comparison, selection
- LED power ratio
- Luminous flux of LED lamps, tables, equivalents of incandescent lamps
- The cost of works on the blind area around the house
- We carry out repair of a LED lamp, the scheme, video
- Mineral wool density: high and low density mineral wool
- Basalt wool – reviews of different manufacturers
- Reviews of LED lamps, tips, comparison
- Mineral wool density: high and low density mineral wool
- LED power ratio
- Harm of basalt wool
The hip roof is a type of four-slope roof, in which two slopes have a trapezoidal shape, and the other two (face) – triangular (having the same name “hips”). If the end slopes occupy the entire area from the ridge to the eaves – this is a hip roof, if they do not reach the eaves – a half-hinged.
The roof of the house performs a dual function – on the one hand, it is entrusted to protect the building from external influence, and on the other, it is designed to decorate the building and give it individuality.
Historically, in Russia, preference was given to simpler one-and-two-roofed roofs, while Europeans prefer a four-slope or hip roof, which has advantages and disadvantages under certain conditions.
Hip roof – advantages and disadvantages
- minimal wind load resistance relative to a dual-pitch roof. Since all slopes are oblique, the wind does not create destructive pressure on the gables;
- greater rigidity of the structure. Achieved by angular ribs, connecting near the skate support beam;
- the possibility of arranging more prominent overhangs, which provides additional protection for the walls of the house;
- the complexity of the calculation and installation;
- higher cost of project implementation;
- reduction of the attic space (in particular, in the installation of diagonal supports);
- the impossibility of the attic device;
- natural lighting is only possible through the installation of windows in the roofing pie.
Since the shortcomings are not critical – the hip-type hipped roof is actively practiced in the modern construction of private houses.
Types (types and types) hip roof
Studying the device truss system of the hip roof, it should be noted that within this type, there are several types of structures. In turn, this makes adjustments to the overall process of erecting the frame of the truss system.
Classic hip roof
It differs by supporting diagonal ribs on the skate support beam and the location of the overhangs at the same height. The individual elements of the hip roof correspond to the triangle (pediments) and trapezium (ramps).
Diagram of the device truss system and the appearance of the hip roof (normal, standard)
It is distinguished by the absence of a skate support beam. This leads to the fact that all diagonal edges converge at a single point, and ordinary short rafters are already adjacent to them. This roof is preferred in the presence of a square box at home. But the formation of a reliable ridge knot is quite complicated.
Diagram of the truss system and the appearance of a hip roof hip
Differs in the presence of vertical gables in which you can install windows. In the picture you can see the difference between the two types of half-hardened roofs (Dutch and Danish).
Diagram of the roof system and the appearance of the Dutch hip roof Diagram of the roof system and the appearance of the Danish hip roof
Broken hip roof or mansard chetyrehskatnaya
The construction of the truss system of the hip roof is the most difficult in terms of construction, as in this case, all the roof slopes have a different area and diverge at different angles. Broken (mansard) roof allows you to more rationally organize the inner roofing space and in addition to additional living space to give the house a spectacular appearance.
Diagram of the truss system and the appearance of a broken hip roof (mansard type)
Hip roof construction
Regardless of the type of roof, all types have the same elements of the truss system of the hip roof:
The arrangement of the ridge beam in the truss system of the hip roof ridge support beam or ridge beam – used for the classic hip roof, performs the function of the supporting element, to which the diagonal rafter is attached;
Diagonal arrangement of the diagonal (side) rafter of the gambular roof diagonal rafter (side, edge, slant or angular rafter) is a longer truss foot that joins the end of the ridge beam at an acute angle, forming one of the sides of the triangle;
The layout of the central rafters of the gambular roof is the central rafter – boards of the same length, which are adjacent to the ridge beam and form the edges of the trapezoidal slope of the roof. Between them are intermediate rafters;
The layout of the intermediate rafter of the hip roof, intermediate or common rafter, forms the plane of the trapezoid stingray, the distance between them determines the run of the truss system;
The layout of the hip-roofed naroshnik, the ladder or short rafter, is a constructive element that is mounted on the diagonal rafter, forming a triangular overhang and the angular parts of the trapezoids.
Calculation hip roof
The calculation of the truss system of the hip roof is performed taking into account the following assumptions:
- wind load in the region. The higher it is, the shallower the slope should be, and the stronger the whole structure. To level a strong wind, the central and diagonal rafters are made thicker;
- rainfall. There is an inverse relationship. The higher the precipitation, the more steep the slope should be, so that the snow and rain do not create pressure on the roof system;
- type of roofing material. Each type of roofing material puts forward its requirements for the crate, and also has a certain weight. These factors need to be considered at the design stage;
- the need for roof insulation In this case, the installation step rafters calculated taking into account the width of the insulating material. In addition, the distance between the rafters depends on the type and section of wood.
Table of parameters of the distance between the rafters, depending on the cross-section of the timber and the type of wood
The calculation of the roofing material is carried out according to the formulas, taking into account the angle of inclination of the roof. The optimal roof slope for roofing materials of various types is given in the table:
Table – the angle of the roof, depending on the roofing material Table – the angle of the roof depending on the type of coating
The slope of the angle of the slope determines the laying of the rafters. In turn, the inception of the intermediate rafter is calculated as follows:
- first, an axial line is applied to the top trim of the end wall;
- then half the thickness of the ridge beam is calculated, and the placement line of the first of the number of central intermediate rafters is plotted;
- then the end of the gauge rail and the placement line of the central intermediate rafter marked above are combined;
- on the opposite end of the gauge rail, the line of the inner side wall contour is applied;
- the resulting point is the foundation of the intermediate rafter.
The ratio between the length of the rafters and their inception is calculated using a correction factor, the value of which depends on the angle of inclination of the roof slope. The length of the truss foot is determined by multiplying the depth by the coefficient.
The material is prepared for the site www.moydomik.net
Formulas for calculating the hip roof
How to calculate the area of the hip roof?
To know how much to buy roofing material, you need to know the total area of the roof.
To do this, you need to break the entire roof into components of simple geometric shapes and make a calculation for each of them.
Calculate the area of the hip roof – formula
The calculation of the area of the hip roof allows you to determine in advance not only the cost of purchasing roofing materials and installation, but also to determine the material requirements, as well as the need for arrangement and the exact configuration of the battens.
Drawing of the truss system of the hip roof
The result of the project development and calculations will be a schematic drawing of the truss system of the hip roof. There are no similar drawings ready to use without taking into account the specific features of the particular structure and the place of its construction.
Development of the preliminary scheme can be done independently (a simple sketch will determine the direction of the project). But, it is better to entrust the drawing to specialists or use special programs for calculation. It should be remembered that the more complex the roof structure, the more accurate the calculation of the truss system: configuration and materials. This will also affect the cost and duration of the installation work.
The drawing of the hip roof should include an indication of the purpose of the material, its installation location and method of attachment. The key nodes of the truss system of the hip roof, for example, the junction of the diagonal supports to the ridge beam or the installation of the truss legs on the mauerlat should be carried out in a separate drawing and described in more detail.
Drawing hip roof (slanting rafters with an emphasis on two runs)
The scheme of wooden naslon rafters with an emphasis on two runs for hip roof
Drawing truss system hip roof with a bay window
Diagram of the dimensions of the truss system of the hip roof with a bay window
The presence of a schematic drawing will be a good help in the manufacture of blanks and the subsequent installation of the roof.
Tools for the construction of the hip roof
The roof structure and methods of arrangement of nodes determine the set of tools that should be prepared before the start of work.
For working with wood is useful: level, handsaw, hammer, tape measure, marking cord, stapler.
To work with metal structures will need a power drill, riveter, shears pierced.
Tools and consumables must be prepared in advance, because complex installation of the truss system of the hip roof involves a large number of gash and installation of nails.
To simplify the measurements and be able to do all the parts of the same size, the masters advise you to replace the tape measure with a gauge rail. The measuring rod is made of plywood 50 mm wide, on which the main dimensions are applied.
Hip Roof Material
Breed and type of wood have a direct impact on the duration and reliability of the roof structure. Masters advise to give preference to larch or pine lumber. All blanks require pre-treatment with flame retardants and antiseptics.
In addition to wood, metal fasteners, nails, screws, and anchor bolts will be needed.
Note. Forming a hip truss system on a wooden house that can shrink, the craftsmen advise using floating mounts to connect the rafters to the power plate. This method compensates for the movement of the crowns with the natural shrinkage of the house from a bar or log.
Sliding support for rafters (closed sliding mounting)
Hinged roof truss system – installation technology
Devices truss system do it yourself step by step:
1. Preparation of blanks (rafters)
This is the most difficult and time-consuming part of the construction, since associated with:
- the need to ensure a given angle of rafter;
- different lengths of flats (short rafters);
- the presence of diagonal rafters (nososnyh), which are given special attention. Due to the length, the cropping rafters carry a greater load than the main rafters, and therefore require the use of higher quality lumber with a large cross-section. In addition, often the length of the diagonal rafters exceeds the standard length of the boards.
In order not to buy different lumber, in practice, the method of splicing (mating) edged boards is used to obtain a given length.
Advantages of splicing technology rafters:
- obtaining continuous beams of a given length;
- increase the strength of the diagonal rafters of the hip roof due to the double section;
- simplification of the calculation and purchase of material (unification of dimensions: length and cross section);
- the possibility of using boards intended for the formation of ordinary trusses.
Composite rafters of boards with liners
2. Fixing the power plate
Mauerlat for a hip roof is a wooden bar of a large section (100×100 or 100×150 mm) mounted around the perimeter of the walls. For Mauerlat used wood of the first grade.
The peculiarity of laying the power plate is that the timber is only overlapped in length, but not end-to-end, using multiple connection points with the base of the wall. Connecting nodes are additionally reinforced with metal clips.
How to connect the wall bars for hip roof
Since the purpose of the mauerlat is to serve as a support for rafter legs, he needs protection from moisture. For this purpose, a hydro-barrier is placed between the wall and the bar (for example, roofing material is used).
Note. Under the mauerlat in brick houses (or from aerated concrete, foam concrete, wood concrete) a reinforced concrete belt is poured in with pre-installed studs for the installation of a beam. The stud has a diameter of 10 mm or more and should protrude beyond the plane of the Mauerlat by 20-30 mm. The spacing of the studs is 1000-1200 mm.
3. Installation of the run
A run is a beam that is installed parallel to the sides of the mauerlat. The runway serves as the basis for mounting additional supports under the rafter legs. The run device is not an obligatory stage of work and is performed only for large hipped roofs or having a configuration of increased complexity. The location of the run is shown in the diagram.
It should be noted that the maximum load point will vary depending on the location – on the ridge of the hip or on the edge of the valley.
Points of maximum load on the hip ridge and end of the valley
Note. The hip-roof hip roof is mounted without support, and a complex assembly is formed at the junction of the diagonal rafters.
4. Installing support columns
The support stand of the gambrel roof Racks perform the function of support when installing the ridge beam (orange color in the picture).
5. Installation of the ridge beam
The installation of the ridge of the hip roof is accompanied by accurate measurements. Since the whole construction of the roof will be supported on the ridge, the correctness of its installation is checked for height and level.
6. Fixing truss legs
Regarding the sequence of work at this stage, the opinions of masters differ. This makes it possible to identify two areas for work:
- Mounted central rafters, and then diagonal. This work order is simpler;
- diagonal rafters are mounted, and then the rest.
When installing the lower part of the truss foot abut on the mauerlat.
The support of the rafters on the hip roof is shown in the diagram. The first option (with clipping) is simpler, but the second (with the support bar) is preferable, because in this case, the mount does not weaken the rafter.
Ways of mounting rafters on the mauerlate
Forming a knot on a ridge beam is possible in various ways.
Ways of mounting rafters on the ridge beam
Variants of the top mounting diagonal rafters are shown in the diagram.
Methods of upper bearing diagonal rafters
Council For rigidity, all nodes should be reinforced with metal elements (brackets, plates, corners).
Since diagonal rafters have a significant load, they can be strengthened using such means as:
- rack installation. Mounted on the floor vertically;
- installation of the strut. Mounted at an angle. The angle of inclination is not decisive. The ability of the strut to strengthen the diagonal rafter is important;
- sprengel In fact, this is a T-shaped short beam, deployed at 180o. It is used on long spans and set in such a way that its base is oriented perpendicular to the diagonal rafter.
Hip Roof Sprengel Support
7. Installation of ordinary rafters
Ordinary installed similarly to the installation of central rafters, which form the edge of the trapezoid. Their lower part is supported and fastened on the mauerlat, while the upper one rests on the ridge beam. It is important to observe the same distance between the ordinary rafters.
8. Installing blizzards (short trusses)
Narozhniks are made only from solid timber. In the place of junction of the rafter to the long rafter, they make cuttings or install support beams. The installation site is additionally reinforced with metal elements.
Note. Installing hip-roof flats is possible in a break to simplify installation.
Layout of rafters of the hip roof and installation of scammers
The women mates in any case are established after the formation of the power frame of the roof. Their installation ends work on the device truss system gambular roof.
Hip roof do it yourself step by step – video
The program shows the installation process of the truss system of a hipped roof with a central bay window along a short wall.
After the roof system is ready, you can proceed to the installation of roofing, the specificity of which determines the need to install the batten on the roof frames.
The installation of the truss system of the hip roof is a long process that requires attention to each stage of the work – from calculating and choosing the material, to installing the parts and strengthening the attachment points. But, with the proper implementation of all stages, the result will be a beautiful and reliable roof for a private house.
Rafter roof system: an overview of the basic structures with a description of the typical installation
The construction of a four-sloped roof frame is a complex process with characteristic technological features. During the construction, own structural components are used, the sequence of work is different. But the result will amaze with a spectacular form and stability in repelling atmospheric attacks. And the home master can be proud of his personal achievements in the field of roofer. However, before deciding on a device of a similar design, it is worthwhile to get acquainted with the algorithm according to which the truss system of the four-sided roof is constructed and with the specifics of its device.
The class of hipped roofs combines two types of structures, resembling a square and a rectangular envelope. The first variety is called hip, the second – hip. Against the background of pitched analogues, they are distinguished by the absence of gables, referred to in the roofing business as tongs. In the construction of both versions of hip constructions, slanting and hanging rafters are used, the installation of which is carried out in accordance with standard technologies for the construction of sloping rafter systems.
Characteristic differences within the four-slope class:
- At the hip roof, all four slopes have the form of isosceles triangles, the peaks of which converge at the same highest point. The skate itself does not exist in the hip structure, its function is performed by the central support in the nacelle systems or the top of the hanging truss.
- At the hip roof, a pair of main slopes has a trapezoidal configuration, and the second pair is triangular. From hip fellow hip construction differs mandatory presence of the ridge, which is adjacent to the trapezium upper bases. Triangular slopes, they are hip, adjacent to the ridge top, and their sides docked with the inclined sides of the trapezoids.
Based on the configuration of the roofs in the plan, it is clear that the tent structures are usually set up above square buildings, and hip structures above rectangular houses. Both soft and hard roofing materials are suitable as a coating. The characteristic square or rectangular shape is repeated by the drawings of the truss system of the hipped roof with a clearly marked arrangement of elements in the plan and vertical projections of the slopes.
Often hip and hip systems together are used in the construction of a single object or effectively complement gable, single-slope, broken and other roofs.
The construction with four slopes can be supported directly on the upper crown of a wooden house or on the mauerlat, which serves as the upper strapping of brick or concrete walls. If under each rafter it is possible to find the upper and lower supports, the roofing frame is constructed according to the nylon technology.
Installing naslon truss legs is easier and more accessible for an inexperienced home roofer, who needs to consider that:
- When rigidly fastening the upper and lower heels of the rafter with metal corners or with the help of a supporting wooden lining, you will need an enhanced fastening of the power plate, because the thrust will be transmitted to it.
- With a rigid fixation of the upper heel and a hinged fastening of the bottom of the rafter, it is not necessary to reinforce the fastening of the mauerlate, since If the load on the roof is exceeded, the hinge mounting, for example, on sliders, will allow the rafter to move slightly, without creating pressure on the power plate.
- When hinging the top of the rafter and rigid fixation of the bottom, thrust and pressure on the mauerlat are also excluded.
The issues of fixing the power plate and the method of installation of rafter legs closely related to it are decided by the rules at the design stage of a house. If the building does not have an internal load-bearing wall or it is not possible to build reliable supports under the central part of the roof, then nothing can be done except for the hanging installation scheme of the truss system. True, in most cases the suspended method of a structure is used, for the realization of which it is necessary to foresee a bearing support inside the structure.
In the device truss systems for hipped and hipped hipped roofs use specific structural elements, it is:
- Diagonal truss legs forming spinal joints of skates. In the hip constructions of the diagonal, they are the same rafter rafters, connect the consoles of the ridge girder with the corners of the roof. In tent systems, nosus feet connect the top with the corners.
- Narodniki, or rafter half-legs, installed perpendicular to the eaves. They are based on diagonal rafters, are arranged parallel to each other, therefore they differ in different lengths. Novozhniki form the plane hip and hip slopes.
Diagonal rafters and scaffolds are also used for the construction of the valleys, only then concave corners of the roof are arranged, and not convex as hip.
The entire complexity of the construction of frames for roofs with four slopes lies in the installation of diagonal rafters, which determine the result of the formation of the structure. In addition, nakosy are obliged to withstand a load of one and a half times greater than the ordinary roof legs of pitched roofs. Because they work part-time ridge, t. a support for the upper heel of ladies.
If you briefly describe the procedure for the construction of the nacelle frame for a four-sided roof, then you can keep within several stages:
- The device mauerlat on brick or concrete walls. The process of installing a mauerlat on walls from a log or a bar can be abolished, because it can successfully replace the upper crown.
- Installation of the central support for the hip construction or support frame of the main part of the gambular roof.
- Installation of conventional napslon rafters: pairs for a hip roof and a specific design solution for a hip design.
- Installation of diagonal truss legs connecting the corners of the systems to the top of the support or extreme points of the ridge.
- Manufacture by size and fastening of ladies.
In the case of the use of a hanging frame structure, the start of the construction of a hip framework will be the installation of a triangular truss truss in the center. The beginning of the installation of the hip truncated truss system will be the installation of a number of truss trusses.
Let us examine one of the most common examples of the device hip roof with naslon rafter legs. They will have to rely on the ceiling beams laid on top of the mauerlat. Rigid fastening of the hem will be used only for fixing the top of the rafter feet on the ridge girder, so that there is no need to reinforce the power plate fastener. The dimensions of the box in the example of the house are 8.4 × 10.8m. The actual size of the roof in the plan will increase on each side by the value of the eaves, by 40-50cm.
Mauerlat is an individual element, its installation method depends on the wall material and architectural features of the building. The method of laying the power plate is planned according to the rules during the design period, because it is recommended for reliable fixation of the power plate:
- Lightweight foam concrete, gas silicate and similar walls should be equipped with a reinforced concrete belt, perimeter-filled, with anchor bolts installed during the casting period.
- Brick walls are edged with a side in one or two bricks along the outer edge so that along the inner edge there is a ledge for laying a wooden frame. During the laying of bricks between wooden bricks laid for fixing Mauerlat brackets to the wall.
The mauerlat is made from a bar of 150 × 150 or 100 × 150 mm in size. If the operation of under-roof space is supposed, it is desirable to take the rams more thickly. In a single frame beam connect oblique cuts. Then the joints are reinforced with screws, ordinary nails or wood-grouse, and the corners are reinforced with staples.
Overlapped to the horizon mauerlat, built in an optimal way for a particular building, is the laying of floor beams. Used timber section 100 × 200mm. The first thing fit is a beam that passes exactly along the central axis of the building. In the example of the length of the beam for the construction of solid beams is not enough, because they are assembled from two bars. The place of joining should be located above a reliable support. In the example, the support is an internal load-bearing wall.
Step between overlapping beams 60cm. If the equipped box does not differ in ideal parameters, as it happens in most situations, the distance between the beams can be slightly changed. Such an adjustment allows to slightly “smooth out” the construction flaws. Between the extreme beams on both sides and the walls of the house, there should be a gap of 90 cm wide, which is necessary for installing the outliers.
Sincefloor beams alone will be able to form only two eaves overhangs, the short half-legs of floor slab – carrying are attached to their ends. At first they are installed only in the area of the main part of the hip roof, exactly where the rafter legs are to be mounted. Take away nails to the mauerlat, fasten screws, large-caliber nails, nails to the beam, strengthen fasteners with corners.
The central part of the hip roof is an ordinary duo-pitch construction. The rafter system is arranged for it according to the rules dictated by the technology of building pitched roofs. In the example, there are some deviations from the classical interpretation of the sloping principle: the log, on which the support for the ridge run is traditionally used, is not used. The work of the floor will have to perform the central beam ceiling.
In order to build the ridge part of the truss system of the hip roof, you need:
- To build a support frame for truss legs, the top of which will be based on the ridge girder. The run will be based on three pillars, the central of which is installed directly on the central beam of the ceiling. To install the two extreme supports, first two transverse bars are laid overlapping at least five floor beams. Stability is enhanced by using two struts. For the manufacture of horizontal and vertical parts of the support frame, a bar with a section of 100 × 150 mm was used, the struts were made of 50 × 150 mm boards.
- Make truss legs for which you first need to make a pattern. A board of suitable dimensions is applied to the installation site, lines of future gash are drawn on it. It will be the template for the continuous production of rafters.
- Set the truss legs, with a cut-off grip on the ridge girder, and the lower heel on the opposite takeaway.
If the ceiling beams would fit across the box, then the rafters of the main part of the roof would rest on the floor beams, which is much more reliable. However, in the example, they rely on carry-overs, so additional mini-supports should be arranged for them. These supports should be placed so that the load from them and located above the rafters is transferred to the walls.
Then mounted on three rows of removal from each of the four sides. For the convenience of the implementation of further action contour of the roof is decorated with a cornice. To beat to beams of overlapping and carrying out it is necessary strictly horizontally.
In the space bounded by the eaves, angular sections remained unfilled with the details of the truss system. Here angular extrusions will be required, for assembly of which is carried out as follows:
- In order to indicate the direction of installation, we tighten the cord. We stretch from the point of conditional intersection of the extreme support of the frame with the floor beam to the corner.
- From above on a lace we apply a bar on the place put to it. Holding the bar, from below we outline the lines of the cuts at the intersection of the floor beam and the corner joint of the eaves boards.
- Ready takeaway with sawed off excess attach to the mauerlat and to the beam of the overlap corners.
Similarly, the remaining three corner beams are manufactured and mounted.
Diagonal, they also nososnye, rafter legs make of two planks sewn together among themselves with a cross section equal to the size of the ordinary rafters. In the example, one of the boards will be located slightly higher than the second due to the difference in the angles of inclination of the hips and trapezoid rays.
The sequence of work on the manufacture and installation of mowing:
- From the highest point of the ridge we stretch the cord to the corners and to the central point of the slope. These are auxiliary lines by which we will mark the upcoming gash.
- Carpenter’s goniometer – we measure the angle between the cord and the upper side of the corner blade. This determines the angle of the lower gash. Suppose it is equal to α. The angle of the upper gash is calculated using the formula β = 90º – α.
- At an angle β we cut one edge of an arbitrary trimming board. We put it to the place of the top attachment, aligning the edge of this blank with a cord. Outline the surplus that interferes with dense installation. On the planned lines you need to saw again.
- At an angle α we saw off the lower heel on another trimming of the board.
- We make the first half of the diagonal rafter using the patterns of upper and lower bearing. If the solid board is not enough in length, you can grow two pieces together. They can be planted with a meter piece of inches planted with self-tapping screws; it should be located on the outside of the nasal leg being built. Install the finished first part.
- We do the second part of the stitched rafter similarly, but consider that it should be slightly lower than its first half. The area of connection of the boards in one element must not coincide with the area of the merging of the boards of the first half of the cut.
- We sew two boards with nails in a break with steps of 40-50 cm.
- On the cord, stretched to the center of the slope, draw a line along which you will need to adjust the gash to match it with the adjacent stitched rafter.
Following the described algorithm, you need to install three more diagonal legs. Under each of them should be installed supports at the point of attachment of angular outliers to the beams. If the span is more than 7.5 m, another support is installed diagonally closer to the ridge.
The lace between the top of the skate and the center of the slope is already stretched. It served as the axis for delineating the gash, and now we need to measure the angle γ from it and calculate the angle δ = 90º – γ. Without departing from the proven path, we prepare templates for upper and lower support. We apply the upper trim to the place intended for it and mark the line of gash on it for tight entry between the diagonal rafters. On blanks we make the central leg of the hip and fix it, where appropriate.
In the space between the corner takeaways and the eaves board, we install short takeaways to stiffen the structure and to ensure a firm fixation of the outermost, shortest ladies. Next you should be engaged in the manufacture of templates for the planners themselves:
- Cut the board cut at an angle δ and attach it to the attachment to the diagonal rafter.
- We delineate in fact the surpluses that need to be cut again. The resulting template is used in the manufacture of all women scribes, for example the right side of the hip. For the left side, the top template will be filed from the opposite side.
- As a template for the lower heel of planners we use a piece of board, sawn at an angle γ. If all the previous steps were performed correctly, then this template is used to make the lower attachment points for all the other women.
In accordance with the actual length and “indications” of templates, planners are made, which are necessary for the formation of the planes of the hips and the parts of the main skates unfilled with ordinary rafter legs. They are installed in such a way that the upper attachment points of the squatters to the diagonal rafters are dispersed, i.e. the upper connecting nodes of adjacent skates should not converge in one place. Crimpers are fastened to the nakosnoy rafter leg with corners, to the floor beams and carry-overs in a way that is smarter and more convenient: with corners or metal toothed plates.
At the core of the hip roof technology are already familiar hip principles. True, the ridge of the truss system in their design is not. The construction begins with the installation of a central support, to which lateral rafters join, followed by women workers. If a hanging technology is used in the roof construction with an envelope, then the first truss truss is installed first.
We offer you to use our free online calculator for calculating building materials for hip roof – go here and follow the instructions.
Briefly with the sequence and installation rules of the truss system of the hip roof of the hip and hip categories will be introduced to the video:
After reviewing the specifics of the device and having learned the subtleties of mounting roofs with four ramps, you can safely proceed to the implementation of plans for its construction.
Chetyrehskatnaya always looks very impressive, but rather complicated in execution. If a little bit of a mistake is made, then the whole construction will “go” at the most unexpected and inappropriate moment. But if you do everything right, then rather your house will collapse and the roof will still stand beautifully. So I also think that it can be covered with everything that the soul wants. This will greatly please the female half of the family, as it will be possible to choose a different color of the coating.
Very well selected material, I searched for a long time and did not see anything like it.
Share your experience, leave a comment.
Sources: http://knigastroitelya.ru/remont-v-dome/chetyrexskatnaya-krysha-svoimi-rukami-ustrojstvo-video-proekty.htm, http://moydomik.net/krovlya/ustroy-kryshi/455-stropilnaya- sistema-valmovoy-kryshi.html, http://krovgid.com/montazh/stropilnaya-sistema-chetyrexskatnoj-kryshi.html