Before you do the main work, you need to treat the walls of the house with antifungal and antiseptic compounds. Carefully inspect the surface. Seal the existing slots. This can be done with the help of jute fiber and fine chisel. Large slots are filled with twisted ribbon tow. Cover the surface with waterproofing.
First you need to make a rack. Measure the height of the room and cut a bar of the same length with a section of 50×100 mm. Prepare a bar of the same length, but with a section of 50×50 mm. Place it on the edge of the timber and secure with screws. Should turn out to be L-shaped.
Make these racks for each inside corner. Secure them with screws. Verify installation verticality using level. When all such racks are installed, they need to fix vertical bars with a section of 50×50 mm with a step of 60 cm between them.
The scheme of fastening mineral wool.
After the device is finished, proceed to the installation of insulation. The width of the mineral wool slab should be 1-2 cm wider than the distance between the bars. Insulation attached to the surface using anchors with round caps. To further improve thermal insulation, attach an additional layer of film over the mineral wool that has been laid.
After this, proceed to the implementation of finishing works. Pre-attach the film to the bars with a construction stapler. This will allow you to further secure over the brackets to the vapor barrier bars with a section of 30×40 mm.
Finally, wall cladding is done with wooden clapboard or other suitable material. Lining is most preferable, because It helps to preserve the naturalness of the house from the log house.
Back to table of contents
Recommendations for floor and ceiling insulation
The scheme of warming the floor in a wooden house.
Proper floor insulation can reduce heat loss by about 20%. The easiest way to do this is with mineral wool. Also, the floor can be warmed penoplex. Pre-clean the base and install an insulation layer on it, and then fill all free space between the lags with insulation. If you decide to use foam, insulation is performed using the same technology as when working with foam plastics.
If foam polystyrene is chosen for thermal insulation (one of the types of foam), then work begins with backfilling and carefully leveling a layer of gravel about 40 cm thick. Tamp the pillow and put a layer of sand about 10 cm onto it. Next, you need to prepare a rough concrete floor with reinforcement. It dries about 10-15 days. Wait until the concrete is completely dry, lay a layer of plastic film and polystyrene over it.
It is important to properly insulate not only the walls and the floor, but also the ceiling. The following materials are suitable for this:
- mineral wool – the best option;
- polyethylene foam;
- expanded clay.
If you have no experience with insulation work, use mineral wool. It will be enough to fix the insulation to the surface and close the desired finish.
Now you know how to independently perform the insulation of the house from a bar. It is easy and inexpensive. You just need to follow the instructions clearly, and you will be able to significantly reduce the cost of heating your home, create an excellent microclimate in it, and extend the life of the house. Have a good job!
How to warm a house from a bar
The comfort and coziness of the future dwelling depends on how the house is warmed. To insulate the walls of the timber today use such materials:
Technology of warming a house from a bar
Answering the question “How to properly insulate a house from a bar”, it should be noted that the wall insulation should be started already in the process of building a log house. To this end, the grooves between the beams are filled with special insulation. And the main works on warming are performed one year after the completion of construction. The reason for this is that wood building materials are subject to shrinkage and shrinkage.
There are two ways to insulate the walls. This is the installation of insulation outside and inside. Often used in the construction of both options. This combination is important in places with harsh climatic conditions.
Wall insulation outside
Experts believe that the best option for warming a house from a bar is a way to create a ventilated facade. This method allows you to get an air gap, which turns out to be a wonderful heat insulator, moreover, it allows the tree to “breathe”.
Warming of the walls of the house from the bar outside is carried out in the following order:
1. First, the log house must be checked for the presence of gaps between the beams, which may appear during shrinkage and shrinkage. If such defects are found, they should be caulked with a sealer (see Tool for a log of a log).
2. The next step will be the treatment of walls with antiseptic and fire-fighting substances. This will allow in the future to avoid the appearance of fungus on the walls. The process is described in detail in the article Wood treatment from rotting.
3. Then the vapor barrier is laid down (see Which side to install the vapor barrier). To do this, you can use:
The vapor barrier layers overlap, and the joints between them are taped.
4. Next, you can begin to install the frame of the boards. To do this, choose the board thickness of 50 mm, and a width – a little more than 100 mm. Boards are mounted on the wall at a distance from each other a little less than the width of the insulation, so that the latter fits tightly between them, and gaps do not form.
5. The next step will be laying insulation. This element is placed from bottom to top between the frame boards, and then fixed with dowels. Glass wool or mineral wool is perfect for a log home. You can use foam. But it is important to remember that pressing insulation to the wall is not worth it too much. This may violate its properties.
6. The next step will be laying a waterproofing layer. In this case, a polyethylene film with a high vapor permeability or roofing material is used. This layer is fixed with a stapler or nails on top of the insulation. It is designed to protect the house from moisture and blowing air flow circulating in the air gap.
7. The final stage of wall insulation is the installation of external cladding on the supporting frame. Here you can use clapboard, siding, facade panels or a blockhouse as a material (see. Do-it-yourself block-house installation). It is mandatory between a waterproofing and lining that there should be a gap of 2-4 cm.
Thermal insulation inside
Professional builders strongly recommend to refrain from internal insulation of walls of houses from a bar. This is due to the fact that as a result of this warming, the dew point (the conditional plane between the outer space and the inner room where the temperature crosses the mark at zero degrees Celsius) moves from the outer insulation layer to the inside of the timber. As a result, the wood becomes more wet, quickly loses its characteristics and its service life is significantly reduced.
The main requirement that is applied to the heater used inside the house is its fire safety. Glass fiber or mineral wool can be used as such material. Wall insulation from the inside is performed in the following order:
- First of all, the presence of gaps between the bars is checked. If necessary, they are buried with jute or tow.
- Next, a vapor barrier film is pulled on the wall. It is strengthened with a construction stapler.
- A wooden frame is fastened on top of the film, and insulation plates are placed between the beams of the frame butt. For mounting, you can use screws, nails, etc.
- In the next step, a layer of finishing material is mounted on the frame. Wooden lining is ideal for a house made of timber, but you can also use sheets of plasterboard, plywood or OSB-slabs.
Thermal insulation of the house, made by all the rules, will make the home truly cozy and warm. Moreover, this work is quite realistic to do with your own hands, even in the absence of special skills.
Like this article? Share with friends:
How to properly insulate a house from a bar outside: important points
Bar houses are becoming increasingly popular among Russians, however their main drawback is the inability to harsh Russian winters due to certain features.
The fact is that the average thickness of a timber house is about 150 mm. and this is not enough for the fierce winter frost in the dwelling to remain warm and cozy.
The optimal cross section for walls made of lumber is 40 cm. It is this thickness that was sufficient to keep the house warm in the winter.
But not all houses from a bar have such thick walls. Therefore, in order for the dwelling to be comfortable and cozy not only in the summer, the question arises of how to properly warm the house from the bar outside.
What to choose: warming from the inside or outside?
Much more often the house from a bar is warmed outside, and it occurs for several reasons. First, at the same time, less than useful living space is stolen, and the tree will be better protected from the negative impact of natural factors.
There is an opportunity to insulate the house from a bar outside with their own hands, and well-made insulation will help to maintain a comfortable temperature inside the house.
In addition, if the house insulation is carried out in compliance with all the nuances, the utility bills, namely, gas or electricity, will be reduced, which will have a positive effect on the family budget.
What materials can be used to warm houses from a bar from the street?
The modern market of building materials is rich and diverse, manufacturers offer a variety of insulation for the house of timber, such as foam, mineral wool, basalt insulation and some others.
How to approach the topic issue is shown in the video:
What material to choose for warming the house from a bar?
To do this, consider the following factors:
- The cost of insulation (initially you should decide how much money you are willing to spend on the insulation of the house);
- Its quality;
- Thermal conductivity level;
- The elasticity of the material for insulation;
- To focus on how easy it is to carry out work on the insulation of the house with the help of a heat-insulating material (this nuance is relevant when carrying out installation work independently).
The choice of insulation
In order to properly insulate a house from a bar outside, you should take a responsible approach to the choice of thermal insulation material.
Most often, mineral wool is used for insulation of the dwelling, as compared to its competitor, foam plastic, mineral wool is less combustible material, which favorably affects the fire safety of the dwelling.
In addition, this building material is environmentally friendly and has good technical characteristics.
So, mineral wool very slowly conducts heat and cold.
Before you buy the selected insulation, you need to carry out simple calculations and make an estimate of the cost of warming the house. In addition, you must carefully align the amount of material that is required for insulation.
Minvatny heater is on sale in three forms, in the form of plates, mats, and also rolls. The easiest way to work is with the plates.
But in order to purchase the necessary amount of them should take into account the fact that if the thickness of the walls of the house is less than 20 cm and the winter temperature often drops below 20 degrees, you will need to warm the walls with a double layer of mineral wool, therefore you will need to buy insulation times more.
Some professional builders advise to warm the house with several materials, combining them, for example, on the facade to sew polyethylene foam, and to warm the rest of the house with mineral wool.
What else is needed for the insulation work?
In addition to the insulation itself, some other things will also be needed:
- Waterproofing film, which should be purchased 10% more than the area of the walls (this is done because the film overlapping occurs overlapping);
- Level for marking;
- Construction stapler for fixing the film;
- Antiseptic for wall treatment;
- Screws and screws for fasteners;
- A certain amount of small section bar.
The order of works on the house
Many people ask professional builders the question of how to properly insulate a house from a bar outside and what is the sequence of actions for the insulation work.
So, you first need to treat the walls with antiseptic, while it would be better to use a tool that gives protection from mold and mildew. After applying the antiseptic should be completely dry, only then you can proceed to the most important installation work.
Then the insulating film is laid with an overlap, in one direction, with the rough side out and secured with a stapler, and the joints are glued with construction tape.
After that, it is necessary to make a crate, for this, bars of smaller section are attached to the walls of the house. And to begin to fix them it is necessary from the corner of the house and vertically at the same distance.
This is the future framework for the installation of mineral wool.
Now you can proceed to the installation of mineral wool, but the plates with a regular knife should be cut into rectangles of the required size.
It is necessary to take into account the fact that you need to cut the mineral wool a little wider than the distance between the bars.
Minvatu is fixed to the roof with special anchors, which should be located at a distance of about half a meter from each other.
After that, it is necessary to apply another layer of insulating film, but now with a glossy side out. To keep the film, it again needs to be fixed with a construction stapler.
Additional materials on the topic:
Warming the house with mineral wool is completed. It remains only to trim the facade of the building on top of the selected material.
Thus, we can conclude that the installation of manipulations on the insulation of the house outside can not be attributed to complex construction work, it can be done independently, the main thing is to take into account all the essential aspects and follow the instructions.
It is very important to carry out heat insulation works of high quality, as a competent installation of insulation – a pledge that your home will be comfortable and cozy for many years.
Like this article? Share with your friends!
Sources: http://masterbrusa.ru/uteplenie/pravilnoe-doma.html, http://silastroy.com/otdelki/kak-pravilno-uteplit-dom-iz-brusa.html, http: // kak-uteplit. com / kak-pravilno-uteplit-dom-iz-brusa-snaruzhi.html