Laying mineral wool in a wooden house
How to insulate the ceiling with mineral wool? After all, the success of the result depends on competently carried out work: whether it will be warm in your house in cold weather, when you don’t even want to go outside, or not.
The ceiling in your house – the internal method of insulation
If you plan to insulate with your own hands the ceiling surface in a private house from the inside, then it is more rational to purchase mineral wool in the form of slabs. In combination with metal frame and plasterboard lining, there will be an insurmountable obstacle to the heat that escapes through the ceiling.
All work on insulation is divided into the following stages:
- Layer waterproofing. For this purpose, a special waterproofing film, glassine and other insulating materials are suitable.
- Build the frame. How it will be, metal or wood – you decide. The frame is assembled and fixed with a punch and dowel-nails.
- Laying mineral insulation. At this stage, the mineral wool is glued to the ceiling. To do this better glue for tiles (it is he who provides instant adhesion of the ceiling surface and insulating material). If necessary, fit the second layer of mineral wool.
- At this stage, a waterproofing material is laid over the already glued insulation.
- Now you can sheathe the whole thing with a flooring of boards or drywall.
Tip! Self-tapping screws made of hardened steel are ideal for plating because they have high strength and are able to withstand heavy loads.
In the photo, the owners of the house preferred a wooden frame in combination with mineral wool and drywall.
Important! Do not, under any pretext, press minwata. The property of preserving heat in the mineral insulation is precisely the fact that air bubbles hidden inside it prevent the heat exchange between the rooms and the attic room.
The ceiling in your house – insulation outside
The sequence of layers for external insulation
The heating of a country house began to leave more and more money, but is it still cold in the autumn and winter? We urgently need to warm the ceiling! If the room has already been made high-quality modern repair, then make the insulation from the inside will be troublesome and expensive – you have to disassemble a new ceiling, insulate it and then re-repair. Agree, not very rational and not profitable.
Only one way out – to insulate the attic. How is the insulation of the ceiling in a wooden house outside?
Our instructions will help you do this:
- Attic space is cleared of unnecessary things and debris.
- In the attic, a vapor barrier is laid on the ceiling (glassine or any vapor barrier material). Its joints are glued with a special tape.
- This is followed by the Minwat. How to lay insulation in this case? Everything is very simple: on the top of the vapor barrier film, rolled mineral wool is laid between the wooden beams. It is only necessary to ensure that there are no gaps between the beams and the mineral water. The insulation will take its final size approximately 15 minutes after installation.
Important! If the thermal insulation layer turned out to be higher than the beams, then additional bars will be nailed to them with a view to the height of the insulation layer.
The process of laying mineral wool
Tip! If the mineral wool is laid in two layers, the ceiling will be much warmer. In this case, the method of laying mineral wool is similar to the method of laying bricks: the upper layer covers the joints of the lower layer.
- There is no layer of mineral wool on top. However, you can expand the boards to be able to move around the room or to mount a simple floor covering.
Neatly laid attic slabs
Insulation of mineral ceiling in the apartment
Metal frame + mineral insulation
In “width =” 640 ″ allowfullscreen = “” frameborder = “0 ″>
So we figured out how to warm the ceiling mineral wool in a country house and apartment. In the case of private property, preference is, of course, better given to the external method, since it is much simpler and cheaper. After insulation of the ceiling, you will immediately notice the changes – the heat will be preserved, and make the atmosphere in the house more comfortable than it was before.
Finally, I would like to remind you that the insulation of residential premises should be environmentally friendly and fire-resistant materials. If a fire happens, the air will go up, for this reason the insulation should not burn and release harmful substances. In general, insulation of the ceiling with mineral wool is ideal. Minvat meets all the requirements of fire safety and environmental friendliness (read other articles on the topic “How to insulate the attic in a private house”).
In the presented video in this article you will find additional information on this topic. And if you are interested in other questions on home improvement (for example, insulation of plastic windows), then you will definitely find the answers to them on our building portal!
Instructions on how to insulate the ceiling in a private home mineral pool: 5 stages
Mineral wool is widely used as a heater for houses. In the house, the question of roof insulation often arises: you want to build an attic or just keep the heat in the house. Most often, mineral wool is used as a heater, but it is worth remembering that it is suitable for use in homes with high ceilings, otherwise the ceiling may turn out to be too low. However, about everything in order, today let’s talk about the types of mineral wool, choose the best and tell you how to properly warm the ceiling.
Warming of the ceiling with mineral wool
How to insulate the ceiling in a private house? The best option, of course, is mineral wool.
The following advantages of this type of insulation for the ceiling in the house can be mentioned:
- Low heat conductivity;
- Good sound insulation;
- Increased fire resistance;
- Pretty low price;
- Easy installation.
However, mineral wool has some drawbacks, the main thing is the absolute lack of resistance to moisture. When in contact with water, mineral wool quickly gets wet and deforms, loses its function. Also for the disadvantage it can be considered a sufficiently large thickness of this material, so it is best to use it for homes with high ceilings. During the selection of mineral wool to insulate the ceiling, you must carefully consider the characteristics in order to purchase a truly high-quality material.
The best option for insulation of ceilings is mineral wool
Mineral wool has the following characteristics:
- Density. This quality can really be called the most important, it shows the allowable load for the mineral wool.
- Thermal conductivity. Choose the material with the lowest index – that is, with the best thermal insulation.
- The size. There are many different types of mineral wool, there are rolls, tiles, and mats. Choose what you think is most convenient for work.
- Thickness. Depending on the thickness, the resistance of mineral wool to low temperatures varies. A thick layer indicates that the material retains heat well, choose wool with a thickness of at least 3 cm.
The most convenient is mineral wool, made in the form of tiles, it has the best elasticity, as well as its very easy to attach.
How to fix the mineral wool on the ceiling
Before attaching mineral wool to the ceiling, it is necessary to prepare all the tools and materials in advance, this will significantly improve the speed of work.
So, to install insulation on the ceiling need the following materials and tools:
- Mineral wool;
- Polyethylene film;
- Wooden slats or bars;
Using insulation, it is possible to carry out two types of insulation: from the outside and inside. Internal warming will take you more strength and will cost more, and will also make the ceiling a little lower, choose this method for a house with high ceilings.
Prepare certain tools and materials before attaching mineral wool to the ceiling.
Warming from the inside is carried out in several stages:
- First install waterproofing, for this use polyethylene.
- The second step is to create a frame, it can be made using wooden beams or metal profile. The frame is fixed along the perimeter of the ceiling with the help of dowels.
- Next, you need to attach the insulation to the ceiling, you can do this with a special glue that is applied to the insulation and pressed against the ceiling.
- Allow the glue to dry, only after complete drying, fix the slabs of mineral wool with dowels.
- Another layer of waterproofing is put on top of the mineral wool, the final stage is the creation of a flooring of wood or drywall.
Minvata for the ceiling: which one is better
What mineral wool is best to make the ceiling warming? Which cotton to choose? First of all, pay attention to what material the product was made from. Mineral wool is made of stone or glass, and the quality of mineral wool varies depending on the material used.
Glass wool, as the name implies, is made of glass; during manufacture, sand from glass is melted, and as a result, the material acquires a light yellow color.
In a wooden house, it is advisable to use glass wool to insulate the ceiling and floor.
Mineral wool for the ceiling is of several types: glass wool, stone wool and eco wool
Glass wool has the following advantages:
- Good elasticity;
- High fire resistance.
Also pay attention to the country of origin. German glass wool is easy to warm the room, in general, pay attention to the mineral wool of German companies – in Germany, one of the highest quality insulation materials. There is also stone wool, it has a greater number of disadvantages, but also has a wide distribution. This type of wool is used for insulation of ceilings and as an insulating material, stone wool has a long service life. There is also ecowool, which is made of cellulose and is also an insulating material having a light gray color.
Ecowool also warmed ceilings, because it is quite a profitable and comfortable material. Most often it is used instead of drywall and is installed at the end of the insulation work.
How to lay insulation on the ceiling: step by step instructions
So, we warm with our own hands the inside of the attic of the mineral water in a private house.
The sequence of actions when laying insulation on the ceiling is as follows:
- The first is a diagram of the distances between the rafters of the ceiling;
- Next, the width of the mineral wool is compiled, we measure the insulation along the width of the ceiling with a small overlap;
- Insulation is laid among the rafters, make sure that it does not fall out;
- Insulate the material tightly between the rafters;
- Next, you need to carefully seal the insulation to prevent cold and drafts;
- Fix the material with dowels;
- It is also necessary to lay and fix the sheets of heat insulation, fill the gaps with foam;
- Prepare the ceiling with insulation for attaching drywall;
- Sheathe plasterboard space.
Laying insulation on the ceiling should be very tight to prevent the appearance of cold in the house
Remember that the laying of insulating material must be tight to prevent the appearance of cold in the room.
It is advisable to lay the insulation material outside if the room has low ceilings. In this case, preparation is first carried out: the attic is cleared of debris, all the joints are carefully sealed with tape. Fixing insulation in principle is the same, lay the material between the wooden beams and handle all the cracks with foam. The advantage of the external method of insulation is that it does not require the final processing of the ceiling with drywall. If you often use the attic, you can lay a floor, for example, made of wood, over the insulation slab.
Warming the ceiling with mineral wool do it yourself (video)
In conclusion, we can say that warming the ceiling in a private house with mineral wool is an inexpensive and easy way to eliminate the problem of drafts and cold in the room. You can install the insulation material yourself in two ways: external and internal. The first method is suitable for rooms with low ceilings, and the second will require more money from you and significantly lower the ceiling. Which way is preferable – you decide.
Attention, only TODAY!
Sources: http://domsdelat.ru/potolok_svoimi_rukami/uteplenie-potolka-minvatoj-v-dome-svoimi-rukami-sovety.html, http://pro-uteplenie.ru/mesta/potolok/167-uteplenie-potolka- minvatoj, http://kitchenremont.ru/remont/potolok/kak-uteplit-potolok-v-chastnom-dome-minvatoj