After leveling the floor and cleaning it from debris, a springy damping tape is laid to damp sounds along the walls. So that the seams of the substrate do not fall on the joints of the boards, sheets or roll substrate roll out across the floor across the direction of the laminate lamellas.
It fits only the smooth side up and is interconnected end to end, without overlap. To avoid shearing the substrate, all sheets are fastened together with building tape. If the damper tape is not used, you can put the edges of the substrate a little to the wall a couple of centimeters. In the future, the excess is cut off. In order not to crush the porous material while walking, it is not recommended to lay the entire substrate at once – it is better to lay it out as needed.
Laying laminate step by step
1. To protect the laminate from swelling during temperature drops, small spacers made of plywood or small bars 0.5-1 cm thick are placed between the lamellae and the wall.
It is not recommended to lay laminate against the walls.
2. In order for the joints between the lamellae not to be noticeable, they must be arranged so that the light passes along them (the narrow side to the window).
3. The first row is located spike against the wall.
4. Further laying is made only with offset seams (in a staggered manner), that is, the center of the board of the next row should fall at the joint of the previous lamellae. In order to get a similar offset, the first board of the second row is cut by half or (long boards) by 2/3.
5. Slats can have two types of fasteners. On each package there is an icon indicating the type of attachment and methods of its connection.
6. When attaching the type of click (the most common), the board to be docked bends slightly at an angle of 30 and with a small effort pressed against the second lamella until a characteristic click. To strengthen the connection, the joined boards are lined up with a rubber hammer. Boards with fastening type lock are simply hammered into the next with a small tap of the hammer until it clicks.
The procedure for laying laminate
Council In order not to damage the fragile slats, when trimming the boards with each other, you can use a wooden bar through which the boards are hammered.
7. The lamellas adjacent to the pipes are cut in half so that the cut falls on the center of the pipe. Further, holes are cut in the boards a couple of millimeters larger than the diameter of the pipe. Rubber seals are placed to seal the joint and quench sounds (metal and bimetallic pipes are very good sound conductors).
Installation of laminate at batteries
8. To get a neat joint, door jambs are slightly filed down the thickness of the lamella.
The jamb is filed at the bottom so that the lamella enters
9. The transition to another room can be arranged with an aluminum sponge, which is inserted between the laminate boards, or with a special wooden spike gusher.
Video: Laying laminate on wooden floor
How to lay laminate on wooden floor – video and installation features
Put the laminate on the wooden floor will help you my article which describes all the features and methods in detail.
Laminate – modern flooring. Distinguished by practicality and aesthetics, it has become especially popular in recent years. Now the skills of laying laminated panels are owned not only by craftsmen, but also by amateurs who repair themselves.
Laminate can be put on any surface. However, many have a question, how to put it on a wooden floor, what technology should be followed. On this occasion, on the Internet you can find practical tips, photos and videos. The masters share their experience with fashionable coating and the secrets of its use for construction purposes.
To put the laminate on the wooden floor, you must ensure the quality of the latter. To do this, conduct a study of the boards on the preservation. The most common defects are:
- creaking floorboards;
- deflection of boards under weight;
- the gap between the individual parts;
- deformation of the floorboards, their curvature;
- damage from damp, fungus or pests.
It is especially important to eliminate any differences in base height, convexity and dimples. You can not put laminate on uneven wooden floor. In the video wizard shows how to eliminate this defect with a grinder or planer.
Professional tools can be bought here.
Video how to put laminate on wooden floor
Creaking floorboards can for two reasons:
- poor fixation of boards on draft flooring or logs;
- friction of individual elements between themselves.
In the first case, the product is attached to the cross member with screws or nails. In the second case, with insignificant crevices, graphite is poured in, talc is filled and the gap formed is puttied with a putty.
To find out the condition of the wooden floor, it is recommended to remove the paint and expose the structure of the wood. Rotten and decayed floorboards check with an awl or knock with a hammer. When such parts are found, they are carefully removed and replaced with boards of the same thickness and width, driving them into the resulting gap.
If the floorboards are in good condition, but there are gaps between them, they make a wooden floor. The distance that occurs between the flooring and the wall is clogged with a piece of board. Instead of putting together in the cracks, they insert thin bars and drive them with a mallet. Then be sure to pass on the floor with a grinder so that the uneven floor turns into a smooth surface.
For the purposes of prophylaxis, cleaned floorboards are recommended to be impregnated with antiseptic from fungus and mold and with any bioprotective composition from tree insects.
Wood floor leveling
The most important problem for laying laminate is uneven wooden floor. The difference in height between the boards should not exceed 2 mm per 1 sq. M. At insignificant indicators use a grinder or a plane. They pass over the entire surface, periodically checking the condition of the floor using a level or a wooden plank and a spirit level
If the wooden floor is too uneven use plywood, OSB or chipboard. This method is ideal for creating a base under the laminate. Recently, OSB has been actively pushing plywood out of the construction industry. The quality is similar materials, but the OSB-products are preferable, since
- easy to process;
- have good strength;
- do not stratify under mechanical influence;
- moisture resistant, do not warp from water and evaporation;
- possess elasticity;
- cheaper plywood;
- have winning dimensions.
To date, OSB boards are one of the best materials for leveling laminate flooring. Cloths are fully compatible with other wooden parts, rough flooring.
OSB is used as a substrate for laminate. The choice of dimensions of this material depends on the thickness of the main coating. For a laminate of 7 mm lay the plates in 2 mm, 8-9 mm – OSB 3 mm. If you put the base under the laminate of thicker cloths, with further use they can sink. This will adversely affect the castle joints: they are deformed and broken.
Osb-plates screwed with screws or nailed with nails of suitable length to logs or draft boards. The distance between them is determined by the size of the canvas. Usually the step from one fastener to another is 20-25 cm. This procedure can be observed on a special video.
You can not put the plate under the laminate tightly pressing together. It is important to leave a technical gap of 5 mm. Subsequently, it is covered with epoxy putty or filled with foam.
Looking through the video on the preparation of the base under the laminate, you should pay attention to the waterproofing device. It must be laid under the OSB slabs in order to further avoid the accumulation of condensate, the formation of high humidity and the deterioration of wooden products.
So, with the help of plywood or OSB, you can even turn a very uneven wooden floor into an ideal surface for laminate, the main thing is to put everything correctly.
Laminated boards (slats) – multilayer products. They are based on a fiberboard or chipboard. It is he who provides the entire floor with durability and reliability in operation.
Aesthetics gives the coating a decorative layer composed of paper impregnated with special resins made from artificial components. At the bottom of the laminate panel has a protective waterproof layer – melamine. It provides rigidity to products and saves them from deformation.
Laminated boards have a different thickness, from 6 to 14 mm. Choosing a laminate in a variety of functional rooms, you should focus on the fact that thick panels are more resistant to abrasion and durable to use. They are placed in living rooms, hallways and rooms with high traffic. Such panels have excellent sound-absorbing properties. Thick boards are easier to put than thin ones. Therefore, it is better for beginners to train on such products.
Laminated boards are interconnected with special locks. They are of two types – Click and Lock. Click lock is more practical. It is difficult to break or damage. At the entrance of the spike in the groove does not disperse the latter. Laminate with such a lock is combined at an angle of 45 degrees, slightly swinging and gently, with a little effort, press the panel to the floor.
In the lock-lock at the entrance of the spike of one product into the groove of another, its expansion occurs. If the procedure is carried out carelessly, you can damage the thin joint and damage the laminate panel.
In order to properly combine and put laminate boards between themselves and not leave gaps, the products along the entire length knock with a mallet. It is important not to damage the lock. Therefore, use a wooden rail and a piece of unusable panel.
Laminate will be more pliable and it will be better to connect, if you bring it in advance, about a day before installation, into the room where it will be laid.
How to lay laminate flooring
Laminate topcoat refers to floating structures. He is able to narrow and expand. Therefore, before putting, it is important to provide a gap of 7-10 mm between the wall and the floor. To make it the same, use strips of equal thickness. They are installed along the walls and slightly attached. At the end of the work carefully removed.
Next, you should put the substrate on the wooden floor. It is sold in rolls and sheets, is made from synthetic or natural components, serves as an excellent waterproofing for laminate and can fix an uneven floor that has minor defects. Choosing a substrate are guided by the price and quality of products. Natural cork canvases are most preferred. However, they are expensive.
The substrate is laid along the wall first in one row. You should not cover the entire wooden floor at once: it will be harder to work with boards. Sections of the canvas substrate glue tape.
Lamels can be put in different ways:
For beginners in the construction business, it is better to choose a simple method of “harassing.” It consists in the following:
- The first row of laminate to put along the wall opposite the entrance, starting from the inner corner of the window.
- In the second row, the first board will be a piece in half the product. The other half will complete this series.
- Next comes the alternation of solid boards and segments at the beginning of the series.
- In the last row it may be that the solid board is wider than necessary. In this case, it is cut lengthwise using a jigsaw. The cut should fit against the wall, and the lock should be connected to the previous board. When cutting the panel, it is important to be careful not to split the laminate. It should be measured and cut it as smoothly as possible.
This method allows you to give the greatest strength of the wooden floor. Laminate panels do not disperse and tightly hold each other. It is more economical and easier than, for example, “Christmas tree”. Both ways of laying laminate on wooden floor can be viewed on the video. But in order to put the lamellae in the second way, it is necessary to master a special technique of working with materials and tools.
When laying laminate on wooden plank floor there is a danger that the joints of the boards and panels will coincide. This is undesirable. In this case, you should choose a diagonal method of installation of the laminate. The laying angle can be different. The advantage of this method of mounting slats is that it allows you to visually divide the space and visually enlarge it. This method is described in detail and captured on video.
Upon completion, remove the planks from the walls and fix the baseboards. They complete the overall composition and mask the gap between the wall and the floor. They are purchased in the color of the coating. Now plastic products with dredging, a cable channel are popular. Mobile or fixed wires are laid into it.
Video on laying laminate on wooden floor
Laminate: laying on an old wooden base
Not only professional builders, but also amateurs who make repairs themselves have mastered the technology of laying laminated floorboards on the floors. It is easy to perform these works: modern flooring is convenient to install and practical to use. However, there are often questions about whether it is possible to lay laminate on an old wooden base and how to do it correctly.
The laying of “puff”, wooden boards as a topcoat consists of two stages: preliminary and basic. On the first stage, research and preparation of the base is carried out, on the second, the laying of the boards itself. In the case where the base is an old wooden floor. conduct a more thorough inspection of all elements of the structure. This will allow to avoid many troubles associated with the operation of the coating.
Preparation of wooden base
Wood flooring can be an excellent basis for laminate flooring . Both materials are of natural origin and are in perfect harmony with each other. This combination provides warmth and comfort to the surface. Therefore, there is nothing better than putting “puff” boards on products made from old wood.
At the stage of preliminary works, the plank base is thoroughly examined, the degree of preservation of the material, the presence of defects and damages are checked. Depending on this, perform further work.
Elimination of defects of the old wooden floor
If the floorboards are very different, there are wide gaps, they need to be knocked together or filled the gaps
- wooden dies, specially cut to the size of the formed hole;
- bundles soaked in glue;
- polyurethane foam.
After the materials have dried, they sweep the protruding fragments.
If the old, wooden floor is relatively well preserved, but minor defects are noticeable, they are eliminated in an affordable way:
- small cracks and chipped floor putty or fill with sealant;
- protruding nail heads flush;
- wooden boards are ground with a special machine or sandpaper.
In most cases, the old wooden floor is painted. Specially take it off is not necessary. It is enough to remove the delaminated fragments. After the grinder, it is recommended to prime the boards or impregnate them with an antiseptic for greater reliability.
Sometimes the old plank floor is so bad that it requires a complete replacement. In this case, conduct a full range of activities to create a new foundation.
Leveling the old wooden floor
To lay the laminate on the old wooden floor without problems and the coating lay flat, the base should not have height differences. All wooden floorboards must lie on the same level. The protruding fragments are cut by a plane and smoothed with sandpaper or grinder.
To speed up the process of installing the flooring, the old wooden floor is leveled with sheets of plywood or DSP. They put “vrazbeg.” fasten with screws or stick on a special composition. If necessary, you can put two layers of leveling material such as plywood. This is a very reliable way to create the perfect base, which is required for laying laminate.
Before laying the laminate on the old floor, create a layer of hydro and sound insulation.
- The role of protection from moisture copes well with plastic film. She is spread around the perimeter of the room. Strip put overlap and tape together to not disperse. The edges should protrude onto the walls.
- Next, “throw” any soundproofing material: old linoleum, jerks, polyurethane or cork canvas. In the market, you can choose an affordable product that will protect the room from noise and extraneous sounds.
Such a multi-layer construction will be an excellent support for laminated boards and will protect the old wooden floor from rotting. Although you can do without it.
Main works: laying laminate on the old floor
From an aesthetic point of view, laminate flooring is an excellent floor covering.Drawing natural wood creates comfort and warmth of living space. It is unobtrusive and pleasant to the eye, perfectly harmonizes with furniture and other interior items.
Laying of panels is carried out in three options:
- simple: boards are laid like ordinary floorboards strictly in one line;
- parquet (herringbone): details are placed at an angle to each other;
- diagonal. laminated products lie at an angle of 45 degrees to the wall. This is the most original way to arrange panels. But it is the most expensive, since with such laying laminate consumption increases by half. This should be considered when buying products in the store.
For nonprofessionals doing their own repairs, it is worthwhile to begin work on flooring with simple installation. Diagonal and parquet design requires a certain skill and skill in tooling. This is time consuming and long work.
At the stage of buying laminate is important to determine the method of its installation. There are two of them:
The first method involves the use of special adhesive composition. The construction work takes a lot of time. Then a certain period is required for the drying of the product. This increases the time it takes to start using the floor. However, this method is considered the highest quality, and the coating with it lasts longer.
Most often resort to the castle method. Each laminated board is equipped with a fastening system, which in the process of laying are combined, clicked and securely fix the products with each other. Laying laminate according to this method significantly reduces installation time, and you can walk along the floor immediately after finishing the work.
Laminate is put on the old wooden floor using both methods. With adhesive mounting method, you can not use the substrate. The composition is evenly distributed and then serves as a natural shock absorber.
To perform installation work on laying laminate on an old wooden floor requires a simple set of tools and accessories. It includes:
- plastic or wooden plate;
- mallet (rubber hammer);
- measuring tools: tape measure, square;
- small wooden wedges for insertion between the wall and the boards;
- sharp knife for opening packages;
- jigsaw or hacksaw.
- Laminate flooring starts from the window from the left corner. The grooves of the boards should be directed toward the wall, ridges outward.
- Departing from the wall 10-15 mm, put a wooden plate, which will create a uniform gap between the wall surface and the floor. At the end of the work, it is removed, the gap is sealed with a sealant and closed with a plinth. This gap is necessary, since the laminate is a movable product, which in the process of exploitation will narrow and expand, it needs “space”. Otherwise the boards will break.
- First, put the first row along the entire wall, fastening the laminated panels with a lock. The last board may be longer than necessary. It is cut with a jigsaw or hacksaw to the desired size.
- The remaining trim can be used when laying the second row, starting with it. In this case, the vertical joints of the panels will be additionally fastened with the long side of the board.
- Combining the comb and groove of the products, you should act with extreme caution so as not to break the thin contour and not violate the integrity of the panels.
- The boards of the second row are first fastened in width, and then attached to the first row along the entire length of the room. The whole strip is gently raised at an angle of 35-40 degrees and lowered to a characteristic click.
- To lay the board tightly and did not form a gap between them, use a mallet. With her easy movements they knock together the details.
- Further laying laminate flooring on a wooden floor is made according to an established scheme.
- In the last row it may be that the width of the boards is more than necessary. Then measure the segment to the wall and transfer the parameters to the wrong side of the laminated part. According to the received line, the board is cut along, keeping the comb, which must be combined with the groove of the previous row. These actions are performed with all products intended for laying in the last line of coverage.
If all the activities of laying laminate with their own hands will be carried out in accordance with the requirements of technology, then with proper operation, the coating will serve for many years. A smooth, old, wooden floor as a base for the finishing sheet contributes to the good preservation of the “layered” products. On such a floor will be warm and comfortable.
Viewed: 6 966
We also advise you to read:
Larch wooden floor, installation and care features How to lay a wooden floor in a house – video Laying tiles on a wooden floor: technology and its features How to put linoleum on wooden floors Cork flooring – basic concepts, video Floor tie on a wooden floor – features of choice and devices Wooden floor How to level a wooden floor with plywood
Vote, did you like the article?
Technology laying laminate on wooden floor
Repair in the apartment very often means not only updating the interior décor, but also replacing the old flooring with a more modern one. Often, this stage of repair becomes the most problematic. This issue is especially acute for apartment owners in Khrushchev, where the floors are plank, because, if you look, then there are not so many floor coverings that are compatible with laying on wood. In most cases, it is necessary to dismantle the wooden floor with the subsequent preparation for laying a new floor covering. But this procedure is not only lengthy, but also quite expensive, which pushes for the choice of coverage that can be laid without removing its old wooden floor. The best option in this case is considered to be laminate, which can be quickly and without difficulty placed on any wooden base without resorting to the services of specialists. How to lay laminate on a wooden floor in the apartment and will be discussed further.
The expediency of such a method
To assess the feasibility of using a laminated coating for laying on a wooden base, it is necessary to carry out a full diagnosis of the latter, because very often the wooden flooring is susceptible to fungi or mold, the influence of external factors can lead to surface deformation, bending and creaking. Therefore, you should pay attention to the following points when checking the board base to make sure that you can lay the laminate on the wooden floor:
- dryness – this indicator should be given special attention, since the surface rotting or fungal infection of the board will continue after the installation of lamellae. Over time, this problem will spread to the laid laminate flooring;
- Hardness is the strength of the wooden base under the laminate, another important factor that should not be deprived of attention. It depends on how long the new coating will last without flaws and deformations;
- evenness – care should be taken to ensure that the surface of the previous coating was as even as possible. A deviation of 2 mm per 2 m length is allowed. Otherwise, the laminate lamellae will begin to creak, and the castle joints will undergo deformation.
First, assess the condition of the wood flooring.
With detailed requirements for working with wooden floors for laying laminate can be found by viewing the video. If the base still has flaws that can be eliminated, then laying the laminate on a wooden floor is made only after their elimination.
If there is a large amount of damage to the plank floor, it is still recommended to dismantle it completely, followed by pouring the area with a concrete screed.
How to lay on a wooden floor laminate
The technology of laying laminated lamellas on a wooden base consists of several steps of preparatory work and the flooring of the laminate itself. Before you put the laminate on the wooden floor you need to prepare all the necessary materials and tools. Then, the state of the base surface should be evaluated and, if necessary, work should be done to eliminate the deficiencies identified on it. The next stage is the flooring of the selected substrate, on which the selected type of laminate is already laid.
Starting to prepare the necessary tools and materials, the priority should be given to the choice of the laminate itself, which consists of several layers and may have a different basis.
Laminated board has the following structure:
- overlay – a protective layer that prevents damage to the lamella from different types of effects: chemical, biological, mechanical;
- decorative layer – the material that sets the color of the board, its drawing. The reliability of the layer provides melamine impregnation;
- the base is a plate made of high-density wood-fiber materials. From the density of the base depends on the quality of the panels and, accordingly, the scope of application. The basis can be MDF or chipboard plates;
- stabilizing layer – protects against moisture leakage, as it contains paraffin or melamine paper.
Type of laminate is selected depending on the scope of its application and the room permeability.
Materials required for use:
- laminate of the corresponding class from 31 to 33;
- fasteners for wood;
To work, you will need a set of the following tools:
- carpenter’s hammer;
- construction vacuum cleaner;
- nail catcher;
- level or level;
- cyclovochnaya machine.
Equipped with such a composition of tools and materials, you can proceed to the next stage of work.
Tools for laying laminate
Diagnostics and repair of the base
Before you lay the laminate on the wooden floor, it is necessary to carry out his scrupulous inspection and, if there is such a need – a repair that can be done independently. What points should be paid attention to and how to eliminate the identified shortcomings are discussed below:
- blacked out or rotted wood floors. For minor damage to the material, you can lay the same board, just turning it over. The place that has been affected by mold or rot must be treated with a special compound. If the tree has deeper damage, it is better to carry out a complete replacement of the board section;
- when squeaking floors or a small subsidence in certain areas, it is necessary to additionally fix the boards using screws or nails. It is necessary to drive their caps deep into a wooden surface. Otherwise, the metal, which will protrude beyond the surface, will damage the power tools used in the future – a cycling machine or electric planer;
- if the boards “play” under their feet along with the lags, then it is necessary to fix the lag itself. To do this, the lag is attached to the concrete base with an anchor, having previously drilled it;
- small cracks or cracks between the boards can be filled with putty. Eliminate large gaps by using foam;
- in case of significant subsidence of floors or differences exceeding the norm, it is necessary to level the framework directly by removing the pre-plank flooring. To eliminate non-essential flaws, support wedges are used, which are mounted on the logs. In case of significant height mismatches, a complete replacement of the frame is necessary.
Preparation of a wooden floor for repair Scroll the floor in rows along the logs
Upon completion of all the preparatory work, the base for laying laminated boards should be perfectly smooth, which can be checked using a level or level. If you put the laminate on a uneven wooden floor, it will inevitably appear squeak, the life of the flooring will be small, since the locks of the slats will disperse from the loads, thereby violating the integrity of the surface.
Wood floor leveling
It has already been mentioned above that the final result of the work directly depends on how smooth the base surface will be. Therefore, the issue of leveling the board foundation should be approached with all the responsibility, because even minor irregularities will subsequently cause squeaks or breakdowns. There are several common ways to level the surface on a wooden base.
Wood floor scrapping – with slight unevenness of the wood base, you can use the scrubbing method or similar surface treatment with an electric planer. This method will give the desired result with minor deviations from the norm of the height difference, which should not exceed 4-6 mm per 1 m 2. For ease of operation and easier grinding control, the floor surface is better divided into several squares. Upon completion of all work, it is necessary to check the surface level and carefully remove sawdust and dust with a vacuum cleaner. If the irregularities occupy a small space, then you can get rid of them with emery paper or using the method of manual scraping.
The use of self-leveling mixture – if the floor is very old, and there is no desire or opportunity to replace it with a new one. Before pouring, preparatory work should be carried out: clean the floor from paint, seal up the voids, if any, with a putty, prime the dried surface, mark the floor with a level, fill it with the prepared mixture and smooth the surface.
Leveling wooden floor with putty on the basis of PVA. The use of such mixtures is more acceptable when working with large surfaces. A screed with such mixtures consists of several successive stages: installation of beacon rails, filling gaps with wet sawdust and diluted mixture, checking the flatness of the surface, eliminating deficiencies. If necessary, you can apply several additional layers of putty with a thickness of about 2 cm. The new layer is poured only on the dried out previous surface, which requires time-consuming.
Sealing of cracks and cracks with putty
Leveling with plywood – plywood under the laminate on the wooden floor is the most common method of leveling the base plane. Class plywood should not be below 4/4, and the thickness – less than 15 mm. Plywood should be pre-impregnated with special compounds that prevent the rapid deterioration of the material. From these indicators will depend on the final result. Laying plywood on a wooden floor under the laminate floor begins with leveling the subfloor. For this, wedges are installed under the logs. Then plywood is laid with complete horizontal control. If necessary, place the slats under the chipboard sheets. Then the plywood is attached to the frame base joint to joint. In more detail with the hands of the alignment of the floor can be found by viewing the following video.
Laying the substrate under the laminate
For additional leveling of the floor, a special waterproofing material is used – the substrate, which takes place between the draft level floor and the laminate. Laying the substrate is made as an adhesive mixture, and without additional fastening. In the second case, the joints are fixed with scotch tape. The optimum material thickness is 3 mm. Wooden floors before laying the substrate must be thoroughly cleaned from dust and small particles.
The substrate serves for the following purposes:
- heat and sound insulation;
- prevent laminate from rubbing against wooden floors;
- increased structural strength;
- additional alignment of the base layer.
For work use a substrate from the following materials:
- polyethylene foam;
- bituminous cloth;
- polyurethane foam.
To cover the wooden base is better to use a substrate of natural materials.
Gluing the substrate at the joints
Before you lay the laminate on the wooden floor, it is necessary that the laminated lamella be acclimatized. To do this, they are kept indoors for 2-3 days. This procedure helps the material to come into balance with environmental indicators.
Before starting work on finishing the floor area, it is necessary to figure out how to lay the laminate on a wooden floor and what determines the method of placing the lamellae. Laying laminate can be perpendicular or parallel to the window, which is the source of light, and diagonally. Diagonal placement of the lamellae contributes to the visual expansion of the room. Perpendicular laying helps to hide the joints.
Work on the flooring should begin with the marking of the floor, which is then measured the distance and the calculation of the number of boards for laying. At this stage of work, it should be taken into account that the next laid laminated row should be displaced at a distance of at least half the length of the lamella, which forms the necessary mismatch of the seams. Consider how to lay laminate on wooden floor using different methods of laying.
Laying the first row Offset seams Lining the lock laminate
Relatively new and easiest way to install, which allows you to quickly and efficiently lay slats on the wooden floor with your own hands. Laminate with a Click lock begins to be laid from the far corner in rows, leaving a gap of 10 mm between the wall and the first one next to the installation of special wedges. This procedure helps to avoid deformation of the laminated panels when temperature drops or changes in humidity in the room. The slats are joined by connecting the locks of the slats at an angle of 20-30 degrees and then snapping on the surface with force. The Click connection system allows you to disassemble the required part of the floor for repairs.
Laminates with such a system begin to lay from the corner that is furthest from the doorway. Docking lamella occurs horizontally. To do this, the spike of one lamella is inserted into the groove of an already laid panel and knocked until fully fixed with a rubber cue. Pre-fit a long row with full fixation. Between the wall and the floor, it is necessary to organize a temperature gap of 3-5 mm. For the flooring of the last row, the lamella is cut to fill all the remaining space. Tapping is best done not at the end of the laminate, but using a buffer bar for this purpose. In this way, damage to the surface of the laminated board and deformation of the lock can be avoided.
The most time consuming method of laying laminated boards, so this type of laminate is very rare. This method of laying for rooms with high humidity is relevant. The connection of the panels occurs in the way of groove groove. The ends of the laminated boards are coated with excess glue and are combined with the locks of the next board. For stacking the second row, the first lamella is cut in half, which allows you to start laying with offset seams. For better fixation of the flooring, you can use adhesive tape. Use the finished surface can be no less than 12 hours. Thematic video will allow you to visually understand all the nuances of working with laminate.
Upon completion of the work on laying laminated panels, it is necessary to carry out the final stage – installation of baseboards. In the case of laminate flooring, any kind of baseboard must be fixed to the wall. For this fit dowels, screws or glue.
The plinth can be used of all types and modifications – wooden, flexible, plastic or MDF, solid or with a cable channel. The main rule in this case is the organic combination of the new floor with the plinth.
As you can see, laminate flooring is not so difficult. It is important, before putting the laminate on an uneven floor, to carry out all the necessary work to eliminate the deficiencies, and then, the coating will delight its owners for a long time with durability and reliability.
Video about laying laminate flooring
The video details how to lay the laminate on the wooden floor.
Sources: http://svoimi-rukamy.net/104-laminat-na-derevyannyy-pol.html, http://pol-pro.com/derevjannye-poly/kak-polozhit-laminat-na-derevyannyj-pol- texnologiya-i-osobennosti-ukladki.html, http://www.climatechange.ru/ustanovka/18-kak-klast-laminat-na-derevyannyj-pol.html