It is important that the top of all the pillars be in the same plane, because the harness from the beam will be installed on it. It is fastened with the help of M16 stud – 400, which is mounted in fresh concrete.
The asbestos foundation can be easily attached to the harness from the timber, which will become the basis of the future construction site.
Now the foundation of asbestos pipes is ready, it remains to cover the pillars with a film so that the concrete “ripens”. He is gaining strength after 28 days. To extend the life of asbestos pipes, you need to waterproof them with bitumen or other polymeric materials. It will be possible to start the further construction of the house in about 15 days, because the asbestos tube formwork is quite solid.
A simple and economical version of the foundation of asbestos pipes will allow to build a cozy, warm and comfortable building on a site dominated by sandy soil, where there is a threat of frequent flooding with groundwater. Successful all construction decisions!
Video: how to cut an asbestos pipe
Like this article? Share it:
- Taganrog Metallurgical Plant (TagMet)
- Vyksa Steel Works (VMZ)
- Almetyevsk Pipe Plant (ATZ)
- Bor Pipe Plant (BTZ)
- Volgograd Pipe Plant (VEST-MD)
- Perform calculations for the deflection of the pipe yourself
- Features inserts in gas pipes
- Fighting condensate from exhaust pipes
- Ways to eliminate leakage of pipes under pressure
- How to make a fungus on the chimney pipe with your own hands
TrubSovet.ru We know everything about pipes
© 2015–2017 TrubSovet.ru. All rights reserved
When copying materials from the site, be sure to post a link back to trubsovet.ru
Pillar foundation made of asbestos pipes with their own hands
What influences the choice of column foundation
Starting to build a house, you should think about what foundation should be used for the building.
This choice is extremely important. The most expensive and durable house will not stand if its foundation is laid incorrectly, for example, not deep enough. It also happens that the selected type of foundation does not match the building. Suppose the house is too heavy for this type of foundation.
Before building, choose a foundation in accordance with the requirements of the ground and the features of the building (weight).
It should also take into account the physical characteristics of the soil.
What are the soils
Soil may consist of stone, sand, clay, peat, or be a mixture of several components. All these types have their own characteristics, and many of them influence the choice of the foundation.
The main thing that matters is the water content in the soil and the height of the water.
Does not contain water at all; very durable, motionless. By itself, a good foundation.
Stones mixed with sand and clay. Almost not subject to erosion by water, very durable, keeps the building well.
They let water through themselves, thanks to which they freeze to a shallow depth. Rammed and become quite durable.
Filled with liquid. Strongly washed out with water, soaked. They freeze to a great depth (up to one and a half meters) and swell.
Marshy. Waters are very high, the ground is full of liquid (peat is very hygroscopic)
Approaching the characteristics of the soil from the main component.
Soil can help, firmly holding the house, and can create unnecessary problems during construction, requiring a more solid base or greater depth. The more water there is in the earth, the less reliable it is. Freezing, the water shifts the layers of soil, the earth puffles, deforming itself and adversely affecting the foundation.
Impact of weight built
Obviously, the heavier the building, the stronger the foundation must be. For example, the column is not suitable for heavy (brick and (or) double-decker).
If you decide to create a foundation with your own hands. select it in accordance with the requirements of the ground and features of the building (weight).
The foundation of asbestos pipes: the pros and cons
Like any other, the foundation of asbestos pipes has several advantages and disadvantages. The advantages include the following:
- it is simple in construction and does not require any special art to make, so it can easily be built with your own hands;
- it is reliable and durable; easily tolerates aggressive environmental influences;
- This is a cheap option;
- it is built very quickly; he too will not be defended for long, just a week, and you can proceed to further work;
- asbestos – fine-fibrous material from chrysotile – fluffs out in water and does not lose strength; This material gives strength to the structure.
It is required to calculate so that each of the supports would have about 1000 kg of load.
The disadvantages include the following features:
- the column base is suitable only for fairly light buildings (from timber, rounded logs, etc.); not suitable for bricks;
- it is not too durable: it will last for 70 years;
- in this case it is impossible to make a basement;
- it is impossible to make such a basis in areas characterized by significant height differences;
- if the soil has a high water content, the foundation will have to be laid at a very great depth.
The depth of the foundation of the pipes
The water contained in the ground freezes in winter, adversely affecting the foundation. In order for this impact not to become fatal, it is necessary to build a foundation so that it lies 15 cm below the ground freezing level.
Of course, in different winters the earth freezes to different depths. Doing the foundation with your own hands, you must take into account the maximum performance, it will be more reliable, because a solid foundation is always necessary. This indicator depends on the climate and the composition of the soil.
For example, in Vorkuta, the land freezes to a depth of 240 cm, in Moscow or St. Petersburg – by 140 cm, in Krasnodar – by 80 cm. Hence, the foundation will have to be laid in different geographical conditions in different ways.
Pipes must be installed in the corners of the building and at the intersections of the supporting walls.
It should be laid to a depth exceeding this figure by 15 cm. In addition, you need to make a sand pillow 20–30 cm thick. For example, if you decide to build a foundation with your own hands somewhere near Moscow, then you need to dig a hole 140 cm deep ( depth of soil freezing) + 15 cm +20 (30) cm (sand thickness) = 175 (or 185) cm.
The pipes are cut to a length of 140 cm + 15 cm + 40 cm (the height is coarse above the ground) = 195 cm
The hole for the pipe should have a diameter of 5 cm larger than the diameter of the pipe.
How to make a column foundation
So, doing the work with their own hands, we must act in the following order.
- To dig or drill holes for pipes of the size calculated above.
- Pour a layer of sand 20-30 cm thick, pour water and tamp.
- Wrap the bottom of the asbestos pipe with several layers of roofing material to protect it from moisture. If the soil is dry, then you can do without waterproofing. Lower the pipe into the pit, slightly pressing it down.
- Fill the bottom of the tube centimeters 40 solution. Slightly lift to partially dissolve the solution, and again press the tube.
- You can insert into the pipe a couple of bars of reinforcement, linking them together, thus making the frame.
- Cover a layer of sand or sand with gravel between the pipe and the wall of the pit so that the foundation is strengthened.
- Fill the pipe with a solution to the top and tamp it down, otherwise air bubbles may remain.
Pipes must be installed in the corners of the building and at the intersections of the supporting walls. It is required to calculate so that each of the supports would have about 1000 kg of load. If you have more, you need to do more pipes.
If, when doing the work yourself, you were mistaken and the foundation sank or twisted it, in this place you can make a small trench, cover it with formwork and fill it with mortar.
Now you see that any person with building skills can make such a foundation.
Column foundation of asbestos pipes with their own hands updated: February 10, 2017 by: zoomfund
Foundation of asbestos pipes: recommendations for construction
The foundation is the foundation of any construction, it depends on the strength of this element how long it will be possible to operate the building. Naturally, saving on the construction of the foundation is not worth it, however, if the construction budget is small, you have to make compromises.
One of the most accessible options is the column base from asbestos pipes. In addition, this type of foundation is best for the construction of buildings in the flooded areas.
An example of a foundation made of asbestos pipes
For the construction of the columnar foundation can be used and metal pipes. however, asbestos cement products are more popular. This is explained not only by the more affordable price of products from asbestos cement, but also by a number of positive qualities that such pipes possess.
The most important of them is corrosion resistance, even when operating in aggressive environments. Another important advantage is the low coefficient of thermal expansion.
That is, asbestos-cement pipes with the change in ambient temperature practically do not change their linear dimensions, which is not the case with metal pipes. An important factor is the fact that the pipes are quite easily machined.
Features of the column foundations
Ready column foundation on the plot
Pillar foundations are used for the construction of light buildings – frame buildings, wooden houses, verandas, baths, etc. The principle of the construction is that the concrete solution is not poured around the perimeter of the building, but is performed in certain places that provide reliable support for the building.
Externally, the foundation looks like pillars, installed in several rows, which serve as a support for future construction.
Column foundation calculations
In order for the foundation on asbestos-cement pipes to be reliable, it is necessary to carry out preliminary calculations, determine the depth of the foundation and the number of pillars.
Determining the depth of the foundation
The depth of the future foundation depends on three important factors:
- Type of soil;
- Weight of the building to be built;
- View of the foundation.
Before construction it is necessary to make a geological study of the composition of the soil on the site. It is also necessary to determine the depth of groundwater and the degree of soil freezing in the area.
As a rule, the column foundation is planned for the construction of sufficiently light buildings. However, the depth of the foundation for the construction of an arbor and, for example, a frame house, will vary.
Be sure to correctly select the type of foundation. For example, in addition to the construction of the foundation of pipes, options are possible. This type of foundation can be constructed from concrete, logs or building stone.
Determining the number of pillars
Installation of asbestos pipe as a column foundation
The number of pillars is determined depending on the type of construction. As a rule, the pillars are installed at every corner of the building, as well as around the perimeter and in the center. The number of pillars is planned so that the load is distributed evenly across all pillars.
As a rule, it is planned to install one pillar for every two meters of construction, both in length and in width of the future house.
The standard height of the pillars above the soil level is 20-30 cm. But in those areas where there is a threat of flooding, the height of the foundation can be increased.
Asbestos pipe prepared for casting
Before building a foundation of asbestos cement pipes, it is necessary to properly prepare the site.
This is done like this:
- You can start building with a ready, well-designed project.
- On the cleared site mark the place where the pillars will be installed. It is convenient to mark the site by installing metal rods at the location of the pillars.
- Now you need to retreat from the border of the future foundation 2 meters on each side and mark the boundaries of the extended section.
- Now it is necessary to remove fertile soil on the marked site to exclude the germination of plants under the house.
As a rule, to remove the fertile layer is enough to remove 20-30 cm of soil.
- The prepared site is carefully leveled and covered with gravel or sand.
Construction of the column foundation
Pouring concrete into an asbestos pipe
Foundation built from asbestos pipes. is the easiest and cheapest option.
Tip! When building a single-story wooden house without an attic, asbestos-cement pipes can be used for the foundation with a diameter of 200mm. For heavier buildings it is necessary to take pipes of larger diameter.
- To install the pipes it is necessary to prepare the pits. corresponding depth. (The depth of the foundation must be defined in the project).
- For the manufacture of pits, you can use a garden drill of suitable diameter. The diameter of the prepared pits should be 10 cm larger than the diameter of the pipes.
- At the bottom of the pit a layer of pure sand is poured. which should be well tamped.
- Asbestos pipes for the foundation are installed in the prepared pits, and a layer of sand 30 cm high is poured around them.
- Further around the pipes the fittings are driven in. The depth of driving the reinforcement into the ground is about 20 cm. Moreover, the length of reinforcing rods should be 20% greater than the length of the pipe.
The distance between adjacent rods should be about 7 cm.
- Now pouring concrete solution. Concrete is poured into the center of the pipe and around it. The leveling of the pipe installation should be constantly monitored using a level.
- After the grouting is completed, the concrete should be allowed to harden. During drying at the construction site, no other work is recommended.
- Two weeks after pouring the mortar, the concrete gains sufficient strength. Therefore, after this period, you can begin to install on the pillars a wooden support for construction.
The column foundation, built of asbestos-cement pipes, is the cheapest and easiest option to build. However, this type of foundation is suitable only for the construction of buildings with a small weight – wooden or frame.
Sources: http://trubsovet.ru/material/asbest/fundament-iz-asbestocementnyx-trub.html, http://rfund.ru/montazh-fundamenta/fundament-iz-asbestovyh-trub-svoimi-rukami.html, http://o-trubah.ru/materialy/asbestocementnie/fundament-iz-asbestovyh-trub-235