Laying mineral wool in a wooden house
How to insulate the ceiling with mineral wool? After all, the success of the result depends on competently carried out work: whether it will be warm in your house in cold weather, when you don’t even want to go outside, or not.
The ceiling in your house – the internal method of insulation
If you plan to insulate with your own hands the ceiling surface in a private house from the inside, then it is more rational to purchase mineral wool in the form of slabs. In combination with metal frame and plasterboard lining, there will be an insurmountable obstacle to the heat that escapes through the ceiling.
All work on insulation is divided into the following stages:
- Layer waterproofing. For this purpose, a special waterproofing film, glassine and other insulating materials are suitable.
- Build the frame. How it will be, metal or wood – you decide. The frame is assembled and fixed with a punch and dowel-nails.
- Laying mineral insulation. At this stage, the mineral wool is glued to the ceiling. To do this better glue for tiles (it is he who provides instant adhesion of the ceiling surface and insulating material). If necessary, fit the second layer of mineral wool.
- At this stage, a waterproofing material is laid over the already glued insulation.
- Now you can sheathe the whole thing with a flooring of boards or drywall.