• half-open: adjacent to the wall;
• island: freestanding structures, can be located in any part of the room.
According to the methods of heat release, they are divided into:
• structures with one-sided radiation: simple enough, heat comes from the three inclined walls of the firebox in one direction;
• fireplaces with two- and three-sided radiation are less common; have a larger firebox with two or three open walls. however, although they give off heat in several directions, they have only one reflecting surface. therefore, the heat from them is less; used mainly because of the high decorative properties.
Fireplace inserts, open from two and three sides
Depending on the type of fuel fireplaces are:
• working on solid fuel (wood, less coal);
Brick weighs a lot, so the fireplace should be built on a solid and solid foundation, which does not have distortions. (more…)