How to get rid of water destroying the basement? Start with a study of the soil, the characteristics of the foundation. Before purchasing waterproofing compounds, determine the approximate depth of the location of the subsoil water, the increase in soil during frosts, the type of soil in your place of residence, the purpose of the structure. Modern manufacturers offer several types of compounds to prevent moisture in the cellar. Consider the most popular.
Use of bituminous resin
The implementation of the waterproofing cellar bitumen – a budget option to eliminate the wet environment. The material is a small bars, which are applied to the surface in liquid form:
- bituminous resin and engine oil in proportions of 3: 1 are placed in a large container.
- the tank is heated and the mixture is made to a liquid state.
- a mass is applied to a pre-leveled surface with a cracked or sealed crack.
- work from the bottom of the surface at a distance of no more than 20 cm from the soil.
- The optimal thickness for the cellar is 5 cm, i.e. need to apply 3 layers.