To begin, consider the types of drywall, as well as types of installation profile, in which cases certain types of drywall are used and what fasteners are needed for the frame.
Types of drywall and installation profiles
Drywall, basically, there are three types:
1) GKL – standard gypsum plasterboards;
2) GKLV – moisture resistant plasterboard sheets;
3) GKLO – gypsum plasterboard sheets fire resistant.
1) Standard sheets of gypsum plasterboard (gypsum plasterboard) are used in rooms with normal humidity (office, apartment, private house, etc.).
2) In rooms with high humidity (bathroom, basement, etc.), moisture-resistant gypsum plasterboards (ГКЛВ) are used.
3) In premises for which there are requirements for increased fire resistance, fire-resistant sheets of gypsum board (GKLO) are used – these are rooms in which gypsum-cardboard walls need to be finished around or near fireplaces, heating stoves or stationary heating appliances. (more…)