Untreated wooden flooring should not be left in the bathroom. It will begin to swell from contact with water, it can bend and begin to rot.
Laying tiles in the bathroom includes the following steps:
- inspection of the coating of wood and its assessment;
- remove existing varnish, as well as damaged items;
- eliminate base defects (irregularities, pits, chips);
- if the bathroom is above the ground floor, the floor should be reinforced with beams, otherwise the room will not withstand the load after lining;
- after elimination of defects, go over the entire surface with a grinding machine or clean it manually;
- if air voids are found under the base, fill them with expanded clay.
These were the preparatory moments. Now consider how to properly put tiles on the wooden floor of the bathroom:
- impose a layer of antiseptic on the entire prepared surface;
- we carry out a waterproofing (greasing by mastic). Apply a layer to the surface of the boards, and to the joints in the area of the walls.